Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All
It works perfectly and that should be enough esp as I dont understand it but the link above seemed to be saying you need it to work out the ports which are then injected somehow -
"This kext attempts to inject all ports for each controller, and for hubs as well. You can use this kext (temporarily) to enable all ports so you can determine which ports really need to be in the final injector. " What am I missing?
The HP guide by @Sniki doesn't have the reader remove the kext after it is installed to /L/E. Maybe he can chime in here and explain this more clearly ? As I understand it, leaving the port limit patch enabled longer term is a very bad idea. There is no such problem with USB IA kext.

If anyone has an ssdt for a i5 3570 that they know works ,would you post it please.
Why don’t you generate your own SSDT ?, is it causing trouble for you ?
Have you tried to generate with the -w command ?
Read the power management guide linked into my hp elite guide.
Does USBInjectAll kext still need to be there in the final state of the build - after the details for the ports have been discovered?
Yes it is needed.
@trs96 https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All
It works perfectly and that should be enough esp as I dont understand it but the link above seemed to be saying you need it to work out the ports which are then injected somehow -
"This kext attempts to inject all ports for each controller, and for hubs as well. You can use this kext (temporarily) to enable all ports so you can determine which ports really need to be in the final injector. " What am I missing?
USBInjectAll.kext does indeed attempt to enable all ports in corellation with USB port limit patch, but that is only for discovering the ports that your Desktop/Laptop use.
As soon as you captured the ports on ioreg.
You go and find SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl on Rehabman repo which is the master injector template for all available hardware (contains all their possible ports).
From that SSDT you customize yours and build the injector from it.

I personally rename mine as SSDT-USB for better documentation.

You can compare that master SSDT of Rehabman with the SSDT-USB.dsl from my HP Elite 8300 repo/hotpatch folder.

I have everything documented there (even USB ports real physical locations).

Removing USBinjectAll.kext will make the injector useless as it works only if kext is present.

So the short answer is yes, USBInjectAll.kext is a must.

Whatever kext or other thing that i add, is always needed and has a specific necessary purpose.

Sorry for late answer, im not receiving every notification with email or on website.

Why don’t you generate your own SSDT ?
Have done for other processors but the 3570 seems to cause problems (I had a problem, with the 3570 on either the dell7010 or hp8300 earlier builds when Intel power gadget showed the cpu speed stuck on 800Mhz). On this build if the cpu SSDT is in patched, the machine boots and the Apple logo and white bar very slowly gets to the end but the machine gets stuck there and I have to power off. On the next boot I go into clover and drop the SSDT.aml and it all works fine. Attached is a 3570 created on this machine - I can't see any unexpected differences when I compare it to say the 3470. I looked on piker Alpha's repo and the data table that includes the 3570 (name, speed, turbo, cores (?)) seems right.

Attachments

• 3570ssdt.aml
    1.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Have done for other processors but the 3570 seems to cause problems (I had a problem, with the 3570 on either the dell7010 or hp8300 earlier builds when Intel power gadget showed the cpu speed stuck on 800Mhz). On this build if the cpu SSDT is in patched, the machine boots and the Apple logo and white bar very slowly gets to the end but the machine gets stuck there and I have to power off. On the next boot I go into clover and drop the SSDT.aml and it all works fine. Attached is a 3570 created on this machine - I can't see any unexpected differences when I compare it to say the 3470. I looked on piker Alpha's repo and the data table that includes the 3570 (name, speed, turbo, cores (?)) seems right.
From the thread of Rehabman: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
The part of the text there:
For some Ivy Bridge CPUs, you may need to use the "-w 2" or "-w 3" (non-beta branch, "-c 2" or "-c 3" for the beta branch).

try to use this command and see if building with one of these options fixes the problem for you.

Or alternative is to try XCPM method

Thanks @Sniki, XCPM worked before and I think it would work again. Tried -w/c 2 and -w/c 3 and plain in the beta and master branches. I was hoping someone would pop up and say - "Here - this one works" but only because its a puzzle - the machine and cpu run very well.

Im going to stop looking for a solution when there is no problem - but if anybody does get a 3570 ssdt working please pipe up.

Thanks for your help here Sniki and your general contribution - Ive both the dell and hp machines and these builds are just great.

Last edited:
Looks like a graphics problem.
You were right. I bought a DP-to-DVI and the installation started normally.
I finished installation, put all those kexts on desktop(stage 5), run Kextbeast, Kext Utility, eject unibeast disk from USB port and reboot. But, it cannot boot to Mojave.
It shows the apple logo with loading bar but stucks in 50-55%.
Something that noticed was that when i run Kextbeast and sellect the folders it showed 0KB. Is that normal ?
Do i have to reboot after each kext installation ?

check your bios boot order - if any show 'OSX' disable that boot option.

In guide - step 5. G- says to remove the USB and boot from drive. Thats what i did.
You mean that i still have to boot from USB ?

You mean that i still have to boot from USB ?
No.
Restart your machine and interrupt the boot process to get into the bios (press escape or f12) then in the BIOS configuration screen go to Boot options and disable the entry that says 'osx' if it exists.

Last edited:
when i run Kextbeast and select the folders it showed 0KB. Is that normal ?
Could you explain what "select the folders and it showed 0KB means" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back