Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hello,

I am wondering if someone has the Clover folder from the UFI for the Dell 9010 :)

Hello,

I am wondering if someone has the Clover folder from the UFI for the Dell 9010 :)
What are you having problems with ?

My audio does not work a.t.m.

Have you installed AppleALC and Lilu kexts into your /L/E folder ? Those are required for audio to work.

Have you installed AppleALC and Lilu kexts into your /L/E folder ? Those are required for audio to work.

Ow my... Totally forgot that part! Thanks it worked :)

Hello,

Hi,
I just made one that seems to work as of last night. It is modified from one made by another person who posted it to share.

The attributes that were needed for my optiplex 9010 i7 3770 to work were in Clover Configurator.
Boot: -xcmp
Kernel and Kext Patches: KernelXCMP

You might also need to change a setting under ACPI Patching check the box DROP SSDT SATA, or something like that.
I honestly don't know if all the other settings are necessary for this computer model, but it seems to run ok.

Just remove the letters BAK from the file name. By the way, I am a bit sleep deprived at the moment so it might be that you will need to make those simple changes in Configurator.

Attachments

• BAKconfig.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 66
@Sniki here are my PR files for the Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF with i7-3770 HD4000

I'm using a patched DSDT in ACPI/patched as per the guide in post #1. Have a look and let me know what needs more fine tuning.

Attachments

• debug_17575.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
I am very new to this process and the information, however I appreciate you sharing your files with the forum. This is a bit overwhelming at the moment, thats how new it is to me, and I'm not sure what everything is that I am looking at or why it is created. I did find a wiki that explains some of the files clearly.
Hopefully, in time, I will be able to contribute more to the process.

I am very new to this process and the information, however I appreciate you sharing your files with the forum. This is a bit overwhelming at the moment, thats how new it is to me, and I'm not sure what everything is that I am looking at or why it is created. I did find a wiki that explains some of the files clearly. Hopefully, in time, I will be able to contribute more to the process.
Those files are intended for Sniki, one of the resident ACPI experts here. He will look at the PR files and evaluate what we can do to make this guide better. It takes a lot of time and study to master this art. Don't be in a hurry, you just joined yesterday. Follow along here and you will learn how the whole process works. :thumbup:

We've also got a CustoMac glossary right here on site.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/customac-glossary-explanations-of-common-terms.177012/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back