Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7010 Desktop
CPU
i3
Graphics
NVS 510
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
@smashabback as @trs96 said those kexts are not efficient and may cause issues.
The second problem is:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffd38499230 [0x7fff9f9728f0]> { URL = "AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics" }
Remove that kext

Third problem: no IMEI loaded, missing SSDT-IMEI or Intel Management Engine is disabled on BIOS.
Without IMEI you won't have QE/CI.
I tried both solutions (and can't find where the Intel Management Engine is on the 7010 BIOS) and I'm still not getting accelerated graphics. Here's a re-upload of my PRs.

Thanks much for all of your help with figuring this out. I really appreciate it!

Attachments

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried both solutions (and can't find where the Intel Management Engine is on the 7010 BIOS) and I'm still not getting accelerated graphics. Here's a re-upload of my PRs.

Thanks much for all of your help with figuring this out. I really appreciate it!
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f91b511e880 [0x7fffaac208f0]> { URL = "AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri" }
  1. You touched the vanilla kext, restore the vanilla kext and rebuild caches.
  2. Still no SSDT-IMEI.aml on ACPI/Patched therefore IMEI not loaded as can be seen on IOREG.
  3. Couldn't find any IMEI reference on your DSDT either which makes me think you may have it disabled on bios.
Try attaching screenshots of your BIOS configuration.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Couldn't find any IMEI reference on your DSDT either which makes me think you may have it disabled on bios.
The Dell BIOS doesn't have the Intel Management Engine setting to enable or disable it. There has never been an SSDT-IMEI included in this guide before. So it probably wasn't necessary. What do you think ?

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
The Dell BIOS doesn't have the Intel Management Engine setting to enable or disable it. There has never been an SSDT-IMEI included in this guide before. So it probably wasn't necessary. What do you think ?
Thanks for the clarification here.
If that's the case then fine, that's an exception.
Update: But i just checked the second page of your thread from a Dell Optiplex 9010 MT user on this thread that posted PR files:

There seems to be a IMEI device so as i expected there has to be a problem with it being disabled on BIOS.
Will check on my HP Elite, i know there is a setting for that, will take a shot and upload.
The reason you didn't need SSDT-IMEI previously is the fact that this IMEI device id may be supported natively so no need for fake id injection.
The other problem is AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext is modified, needs to be restored to vanilla kext.

Let's wait and see if the problem is fixed after the kext is restored but i don't expect that without an IMEI device.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
@smashabback
One approach you could use is to run the Unibeast installer again to restore all your kexts to vanilla in /S/L/E and /L/E. Of course you will skip the step of formatting your boot drive.

Then go back to step #5 of the guide. This time use only the versions of kexts from RM's bitbucket. They are linked from the guide. You got into trouble because you mixed in kexts and parts of guides from other places. You don't want to do that. Stick to this guide only and I can guarantee it will work.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
@smashabback go into BIOS and do a reset to default settings or search for AMT, it should be set to enabled.
It is tied to IMEI, if i disable AMT i have no IMEI on my HP Elite 8300 SFF therefore i have no QE/CI, just tested and confirmed for myself as well.

Here is a screenshot on how it looks on my PC:

@trs96 he may have one of these settings wrong maybe, i think it would be better to re-check them just in case.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
he may have one of these settings wrong maybe, i think it would be better to re-check them
Here's all the options under Performance and Power Mgt. There is no AMT setting.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7020
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
I have both the 7010 and the HP8300 and can confirm they are different in that the HP has the AMT BIOS settings but the Dell does not. It is my understanding also that some 7010s were shipped with AMT (IEMI ?) enabled and some with it permanently disabled. I have never seen a 7010 that I could alter this setting like you can in the HP although they might well exist.

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here's all the options under Performance and Power Mgt. There is no AMT setting.

View attachment 393074
Ok, name might change and setting might be under the options you listed for GPU on BIOS, maybe even there isn't any IMEI device on this machine, my point was to just check bios settings if they are set as you said on the guide, he may have one of those settings wrong maybe.
I have both the 7010 and the HP8300 and can confirm they are different in that the HP has the AMT BIOS settings but the Dell does not. It is my understanding also that some 7010s were shipped with AMT (IEMI ?) enabled and some with it permanently disabled. I have never seen a 7010 that I could alter this setting like you can in the HP although they might well exist.
Yes i know, i just said on my HP Elite 8300, it is on AMT setting on bios and is tied to it.
Maybe there is a model without it, but as far as my knowledge goes, there is no pc/laptop without imei (i may be wrong). naming could be different, settings toggle may be tied to a different setting, that's a possibility.

But for now he has to fix the kext and then we can see where the problem is after more in-depth analysis.