Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I install a vega 56 video card into the MT of the 9010 Optiplex?
Changing the PSU off course...

Can I install a vega 56 video card into the MT of the 9010 Optiplex?
Changing the PSU off course...
Due to the length of those cards I wouldn't recommend that. They are over 10.6 inches long. Would block Sata ports. If you want to use a Vega 56 card get a new ATX motherboard and create a custom build. If you look at pics of the Dell motherboard you'll see why it would be a problem. It's not designed for cards over about 8 inches in length.

The only way it would fit is if you don't use the USB 3.0 header and used an L shaped Sata cable to connect your boot drive to the Sata0 port (blue) Then the graphics card might possibly fit, but very tightly. If you want to use an AMD RX570 card then here's what I would suggest that would fit easily on this board. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VSD38Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Dell Optiplex 9010 MT Deal of the Day

This has everything you need to get started on your Dell system. Ram, PSU and Graphics can all be easily upgraded later on if you need better specs than this. This is from a Pro Refurbisher and has a 1 year warranty.

trs96,

Just posted message in the
Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

forum.

I got the WiFi / BlueTooth card to go in to the DELL 7010 WiFi PCI adapter card. I followed the instructions there....and WIFI is now working...but BlueTooth is not.

Sorry been away for a while, my mother passed-away last Monday.

I am hoping there is a simple fix for the BlueTooth issue. The WiFi came right up when I rebooted - the WiFi icon showed on the bar at the top and let me connect to my home WiFi. It is working great.

Grizz

trs96

I got the WiFi / BlueTooth card to go in to the DELL 7010 WiFi PCI adapter card. I followed the instructions there....and WIFI is now working...but BlueTooth is not.

Grizz
Welcome back, which card (specific model) did you get ?

• Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
Requirements

• macOS 10.11 or newer - RUNNING HIGH SIERRA (as per trs96's Guide on this site)
  • Supported Broadcom WiFi/BT - YES I have purchased this from eBay (as shown above)

Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dell DW1550 802.11ac WiFi Card Bluetooth 4.0 867Mbps

• Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
Requirements

• macOS 10.11 or newer - RUNNING HIGH SIERRA (as per trs96's Guide on this site)
  • Supported Broadcom WiFi/BT - YES I have purchased this from eBay (as shown above)

Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dell DW1550 802.11ac WiFi Card Bluetooth 4.0 867Mbps
Likely that you'll need some BT related kexts installed. I think that RehabMan has developed those.

Why didn't you just get the one from the this guide ? BCM94360CS2 ? It only costs 26 dollars. Has
a LP bracket for your DT form factor and needs no extra kexts. Link is right under the Spoiler as
shown below for anyone else looking for a Wifi/BT card. You need to have the DT or MT version Dell PC.

Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
Does the adapter this is installed in have the small cable with a connector for your USB 2.0 header on the motherboard ?

Likely that you'll need some BT related kexts installed. I think that RehabMan has developed those.

Why didn't you just get the one from the this guide ? BCM94360CS2 ? It only costs 26 dollars. Has
a LP bracket for your DT form factor and needs no extra kexts. Link is right under the Spoiler as
shown below for anyone else looking for a Wifi/BT card. You need to have the DT or MT version Dell PC.
View attachment 392442

trs96,

From this guide -- Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide] The one that I chose is one of the supported ones.

Since I have the PCI card (for the DELL 7010 which only has 2 wires) - I chose the Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE

As I stated, as soon as I plugged it in, and installed the WIFI KEXTs from that posting. I got WiFi after rebooting.

I had also installed the BlueTooth KEXTs before the reboot.

Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back