Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, do I just zip the folder and then upload it?

thanks, here it is

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 70
@HackinDell you have partially followed my guide and mixed in things from elsewhere too. You can use the config.plist attached at the bottom of post #1. Delete the old one and replace it with that.

Your Clover/kexts/other folder is needing work too. None of these should be in there. You do need Fakesmc kext there.
Refer to the guide to get this right.

Intel GFX should not have this entry. Replace your whole config.plist as mentioned above.

Sorry, you're right. I forgot that I added those on recommendation (outside this site) after I couldn't get it working (and forgot to delete them when it didn't solve the problem). I did not use them originally. I had originally used the config.plist entry from post #2 titled "HD4000 ONLY Unibeastconfig.plist" even though it didn't explicitly say so in the instructions. I thought since the other plist from post #1 did not have inject intel checked it was intended for an Optiplex with a graphics card. I assume this was wrong? (I believe I later loaded the one from post #1 as well, I tried several things to troubleshoot).

For other readers just starting out, I'll repost this which is in post #1 of this thread.
This guide is complete in and of itself. Don't mix parts of or techniques from other guides. Even from ones for this same hardware. The only other guide you'll need to look at is the tonymacx86.com Unibeast creation guide if that is new to you.
Everything that is needed is attached at the end of post #1 or through a link to a download. If you're having problems go back through post #1 again and reread it carefully. The guide is tested 100% working. Unless you have a hardware issue, the guide works when applied via the 7 steps presented.

You said "Your Clover/kexts/other folder is needing work too. None of these should be in there. You do need Fakesmc kext there" but I can't find that in the guide. It says to put Fakesmc kext in /Library/Extensions.

I've added it, removed the 3 other kexts and changed the config.plist to the one from post #1 and I now get something like "1536 mb" next to "HD 4000" in the "about" section of the mac but the HD 4000 graphics still don't work. I'll have to start over from the beginning at this point and come back with questions if I still can't get it. Thanks for the help.

You do need Fakesmc kext there" but I can't find that in the guide. It says to put Fakesmc kext in /Library/Extensions.
It's in step #5 letter G. Also good to add Intel mausi ethernet Kext and the USB injectall kext too.
G. Drag the FakeSMC kext (that you downloaded and placed on the desktop) into your /Clover/kexts/other folder.
H. Also add a copy of your Intel Mausi Ethernet kext to the "other" folder. Gives you internet access during recovery.
I. Finally, drag and drop the Release version USBInjectAll.kext into the "other" folder. (It's also on your desktop)

Last edited:
I just finished installing Mojave on a Dell 7010 Desktop
CPU : i5 3745s
Ram: 10 GB
256GB Sandisk SSD
I found it at a thrift store and the only I had to swap out was the CPU with an i5 3475s.
I followed you steps and didn't have a single problem, except for the usual operator errors that I always seem to make.
Thanks for the excellent directions.

Dell 9010 Mojave ok
CPU : i5 3570k
RAM : 4Gb
SSD Samsung 860 EVO
Thanks @trs96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back