Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. In process trying to follow guide exactly.

I tested APFS and it was slightly faster in general boot times etc. Since APFS is new, be sure to make regular backups in case of data loss. I actually went back to HFS+ because the features APFS offers aren't that important to me personally.

I use OneDrive (disappointed heads shaking) which came free with MS office subscription.

Just been through the install and found;
1st boot from USB stopped with no entry symbol.
Made the following changes;
BIOS:
Intergrated NIC to plain Enabled
Enabled S4/S5
Clover
Removed NV_disabled and added -verbose
Added Inject USB
Note: Made the above Clover edits on every reboot during install.

Booted this time, Lots of error messages. Noticed some errors on every boot - the ones that might be significant were;
Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch API's
something like.. Please Switch to XPC or bootstrap check.
Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCU
Process worked as expected with the exception of low res graphics until it booted to login screen for first time, currently boots with low res graphics untill halfway through Apple logo white bar screen when it jumps up to full graphics.

Think the Inject USB in clover prevents USB errors during install.
Repeated process with disable legacy roms selected and got pretty much the same result except for hi res graphics all the way through. After Multibeast and Clover changes USB's were gone and needed to reboot to clover and enable both usb options.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ive been playing around with it - nothing important to report.
Just created the dsdt and trying to find a sys def that has the 3225 in. 13,3 seems to be the one but then the AlphaP's cpu script doesnt seem to include 13.3.
The real imac 13,3 has 4 usb3's and 0 usb2's.
Sound shows internal speakers and external mic.
Hardware overview currently showing iMac 13,3
Intel power gadget never shows the processor over 3.3 or any change in the GT (graphics clock?) which stays at 0.35
Temps have been ticking over at 36-38 and rising normally under load.

@nicksoph
You might want iMac 13,1 instead. Then create your SSDT for power mgt. to get all the p states. Remember i3s don't have any turbo boost.

Quietly introduced without a press release, the iMac "Core i3" 3.3 21.5-Inch (Early 2013/Education Only) -- which originally only was available for sale to educational institutions -- is powered by a Dual Core 3.3 GHz Intel "Core i3" I3-3225 (Ivy Bridge) processor with a dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 3 MB shared level 3 cache. It has an "integrated" Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares memory with the system.

Apple iMac "Core i3" 3.3 21.5-Inch (Early 2013) Specs
Identifiers: Early 2013 (Edu) - ME699LL/A - iMac13,1 - A1418 - 2545

Just created the dsdt
This is not necessary anymore. I did use it (the Darwin DSDT patch) at first a few months ago just to get the USB 3 ports working. With the clean install of 10.13.6 and the latest Multibeast it is no longer necessary.

@nicksoph
You might want iMac 13,1 instead. Then create your SSDT for power mgt. to get all the p states. Remember i3s don't have any turbo boost.

Yes - 13,1 on real mac but 3225 only on 13,3 in clover config - playing with that thought
i3's dont have TB - Right - getting myself confused - got a 3475s chip on way :) (new 7010/3240 arrived today, which is how i came to find out about the bios), this machine has the v28 bios.
DSDT - not happy with usb's being flaky - would like to know why they are and playing hoping something will become clearer. I seem to need Inject and fix ownership in clover to get them to work but you seem not to. Is that right?
Graphics Clock - not doing anything to get it to go above base clock - geek bench gpu test makes it jump to 1.1Ghz

It works well, dammit ! Im just poking about and trying to find problems (and failing to but working quite hard at it).

Last edited:
DSDT - not happy with usb's being flaky

The USB 3 ports seem to work normally without the DSDT patch. I don't think they work at USB3 speeds though. I tested going back to using the "Darwin" patched DSDT and then sleep would not work. Either auto sleep or manual sleep. So I think it would take some research into how to get both full USB 3 speeds and sleep to work at the same time. Right now if you want USB 3 speeds use the DSDT patch. If you want sleep to work then don't use the patched DSDT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back