Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Still have not run the CHAMELEON CONFIGURE tool....kinds scared to.
You mean Clover Configurator. We stopped using Chameleon years ago, when Yosemite came out. There's not much you need to do with it, just change the timeout to 0 if you don't want to see the CBM.
I will eventually replace the HDD with a SSD. Would I be able to CLONE HDD >>SSD with something (like GHOST), or should I just reload again (good practice I think - but a lot of work).
Yes, you can clone it. Not with Ghost. Use CCC or Super Duper. I sometimes use Acronis as it copies the EFI partition for you. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/easy-way-to-make-a-bootable-clone-of-your-macos-system-drive.254705/

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Am I safe to run the UPDATES now?
Yes, I think that updates should work normally, just like on a real Mac. If you followed the guide it won't be a problem.

Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7010
CPU
i5-3475S/Q77
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes, I think that updates should work normally, just like on a real Mac. If you followed the guide it won't be a problem.
Sorry... CLOVER CONFIGURATOR. LOL

I know that it wants to upgrade to MOJAVE. I am not sure that I want to do that....but, would it UPGRADE to MOJAVE - or would that be a brand new install (for best practices)?

Grizz

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Sorry... CLOVER CONFIGURATOR. LOL

I know that it wants to upgrade to MOJAVE. I am not sure that I want to do that....but, would it UPGRADE to MOJAVE - or would that be a brand new install (for best practices)?

Grizz
You can do an in place upgrade, the guide is designed to enable that. If there's really nothing in Mojave you need now just wait a few more point updates before doing the upgrade. Enjoy HS for a while first.

Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7010
CPU
i5-3475S/Q77
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
Android
You can do an in place upgrade, the guide is designed to enable that. If there's really nothing in Mojave you need now just wait a few more point updates before doing the upgrade. Enjoy HS for a while first.
PERFECT -- THANKS.

I moved the DP/HDMI cable to the other port. Rebooted and now the monitor is producing the sound. Thank You. SOUND settings in the SYS PREFS area still give some strange errors/results. Do you think that WhateverGreen would benefit me at all? or should I leave well enough alone?
Do you think that I will GAIN anything by using the WhateverGreen with the HD4000 chipset?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
PERFECT -- THANKS.

Do you think that I will GAIN anything by using the WhateverGreen with the HD4000 chipset?
Only way to know is to try it. Can't hurt to have it. Lilu should already be installed.

Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7010
CPU
i5-3475S/Q77
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
Android
Only way to know is to try it. Can't hurt to have it. Lilu should already be installed.
Well -- I put the .KEXT into the L\E folder as per your instructions using KextBeast and then used Kext Util to re-write everything.

I see no difference. Is there an APP or something that uses it? Should I see something change?

Also...used CLOVER CONFIGURATOR and changed the serial number as per your instructions. iTunes let me login and AUTHORIZE the computer.

I cannot get the machine to AUTO BOOT. It still hangs on the CLOVER (green) screen.

Grizz

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite i5-3570
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GTX 710
Mobile Phone
Android
put the clover time out to 1 (0 causes it to wait until you press return). There are some other options in that section (I think one of them gets rid of clover screen altogether) but Ive never used them or know what they do exactly.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I cannot get the machine to AUTO BOOT. It still hangs on the CLOVER (green) screen.
Look at the Boot Section of Clover Configurator. What do you see in the section/box that says "Default Boot Volume"