Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
VGA monitor, it's a old Office PC with i5 3475s and 16GB ram, but, i've boot the first time for the configuration, but when i restart PC, get stuck

VGA monitor, it's a old Office PC with i5 3475s and 16GB ram, but, i've boot the first time for the configuration, but when i restart PC, get stuck
You need a monitor with either DP or HDMI (digital connection) VGA is not supported and won't work. Only Windows and Linux still support VGA.

You need a monitor with either DP or HDMI (digital connection) VGA is not supported and won't work. Only Windows and Linux still support VGA.
Using a HDMI to VGA converter work? Because i don't have other monitor, but i have a HDMI to VGA converter

Using a HDMI to VGA converter work? Because i don't have other monitor, but i have a HDMI to VGA converter
Your Dell only a has Displayport and VGA output. Use a DP to VGA converter and it might work.

Has anyone had any issues intalling the 2020-002 10.14.6 Security update? Only that a similar update earlier in the year near hard bricked my 2009 Mac Mini running mojave via a dosdude patch

Seperate to Security patch questions, I seem to have lost onboard audio at some point during a restart since initial setup. I confirmed it working early on, but I've been using a USB DAC since I confirmed evertything working.
Only noticed when I hooked up a pair of BT headphones and they kept defaulting to SCO mode rather than aac/aptx, and went to investigate in Sound Preferences-> Input/Output, only to find 'Internal' options missing.

assume it's related to the fact that the Lilu kext appears to have disappeard from L/E?
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.23.46 pm.png

AppleALC and WhateverGreen still appear to be there. Other kexts like FakeSMC/USBInjectAll are still present and they seem to be functioning.

Will a re-run of Step 5 of the guide with KextBeast and just the Lilu kext or AppleALC/Lilu/WEG get onboard audio back up and running? Or will that mess up things further?

Has anyone had any issues intalling the 2020-002 10.14.6 Security update? Only that a similar update earlier in the year near hard bricked my 2009 Mac Mini running mojave via a dosdude patch
I haven't installed that update yet and would like to know if it's safe to update our systems with this update. Anyone?

Question regarding monitors: I'm currently using the 2 built-in display port connectors to power 2 monitors and I'd like to power 3 monitors. What's the best way to do that? I'm presuming with a graphics card. If so, which one? I have a SFF, so it would have to be a half-height.

Just FYI, I setup my hackintosh about 3 months ago and it's been running smooth ever since. Thank you to everyone who's put time into this project!:clap:

If so, which one? I have a SFF, so it would have to be a half-height.
If you want to stay with Mojave or Catalina for the longer term the GT 710 works well. It may not still be supported in 10.16 coming this Fall. The only available LP option that is AMD based is the Yeston RX 550 LP. It has to be ordered from China via either Ebay or Ali Express. It must be the 4GB version for it to work with macOS. 2GB version will not work.

If you want to stay with Mojave or Catalina for the longer term the GT 710 works well.
Thanks for the prompt response. Never knew cards like this existed.

Questions regarding updating:
1) Is it safe (as in won't brick the system) to regularly update whenever the system prompts for updates?

2) Will this mac-mini build continue to receive updates indefinitely or will there be a point where this base image won't receive updates?

3) What's the best practice for updating to Catalina?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back