Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for this Professional Video. Wow.

Bringing the 7010 back to life, after being removed from the G5 I'm looking for another case to house this in. It was my budget gaming build housed in a G5 case. I paired it with an RX560 and I was happy with the performance. The parts were bought separately over the internet but I didn't buy a case for it. I'm about to start a Quicksilver 9020 case mod, I haven't decided what to put this in yet.
IMG_1729.jpg
IMG_1724.jpg

Last edited:
WIP!. Built a cardboard Mac just to see if cardboard would make a good case for the Dell 7010. Armed with a sharpie, ruler and scissors I transformed an everyday box into computer case, complete with RGB fan!. No glue was used in this attempt just interlocking pieces that slot into place. I built a great little PSU enclosure and slotted on a frame for the motherboard, then just one long piece to create the sides and top. You can open the case by un slotting the front and folding it over the back. Next phase front and back panels.
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG

258C19A0-F0E3-4EB7-9BB9-8BBC1BFB4891.jpeg
BFDB9969-E9CE-4E87-A22A-EF015A26C7D7.jpeg

Last edited:
I have reinstalled Mojave on my 7010 SFF for my other half and for some reason I am unable to get a Line Out device listed in Sound Preferences. For some reason it lists Internal Speakers where I think Line Out should be, see below screenshot.
Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 17.52.15.png
Is anyone aware of a layout-id other than the specified 21 in the custom config.plist for the small form factor 7010?

Success! Got Metal HD4000 accelerated graphics working using this flashing process https://www.win-raid.com/t1053f39-Optiplex-and-VPro-AMT-ME-9.html#msg75549

Hello rhhousehold,
thank you for that guide. I also tested the one you mentioned that doesn't worked for you. I have an optiplex 7010 SFF (ME disabled 3) und an 9010 USFF (ME enabled 1) They have some difference in their settings. Can you please look at your setting if the KVM Feature Selection is also missing at your system?
IMG_0011.jpeg

And if you can choose KVM at User Opt-in?
IMG_0012.jpeg

At the optiplex with ME disabled I can not choose KVM for Opt-In and the KVM-Feature Selection is missing.

Thank you!
Marco

Just writing to say huge thanks for the guide!

Got my 7010 USFF with a 3770S i picked up on the cheap and a hp version of the AW-CE123H (came with internal style antennas that where long enough to run outside the case :lol:) with everything running perfectly!

iMessage, Airdrop, Handoff, hw acceleration etc

Only thing im keen on next is a move from the 500GB Seagate SSHD to a proper SSD and maybe a bump to 16GB of ram....

Hi, im new in this, i have a Dell 7010 and i will install MacOs, but i have some questions:

i can install Radeon RX560 from other marks? not msi

i use a usb wifi universal plug and play, this still work after installation?

My specs: i5-3475s, 16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Any suggestion?

EDIT: Can i use Dual Bot in the same disk? w10 and Mac...

Thanks!

BTW we don't allow people to use a photo/selfie as their Avatar so please change yours.

Can i use Dual Bot in the same disk? w10 and Mac...
You can but it's only asking for problems to deal with later on. Use two separate drives if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back