Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nicksoph

I just reinstalled Mojave over itself. Kept the clover settings and all my programs/data intact. Issue resolved.

Quick question about backing up the EFI. Do I use clover configurator to mount SSD partition and simply drag and drop the EFI folder into the root of my Unibeast USB?

Just ordered that antenna kit you recommended by the way.
Small washers help with firmly mounting aerials. -
Backup the /system/library folder too and then a rebuild consists of booting from install USB, installing OSX, install clover, copy over efi, copy /s/l/ kext files to desktop and install them using kextbeast.

Is there a particular way I should run my antennas? I looked online and saw the original equipment it came with but I believe those only have 2 antenna connectors and the new one seems to have 3.
IMG_9804.jpgIMG_9805.jpg

Here's how I mounted 2 antenna. I also have the AW-CB160H. I only had a 2 antenna-lead kit so I only hooked up J0 and J1, leaving J2 on the card not connected. There is room immediately to the left of the RJ45 ethernet port to drill through and put a third antenna. You can see the spot in the first image from inside the case. If you do, be careful because you will be drilling through the shielding "fabric." That's not a problem, excepting for how the drill will try to catch. It might be best to score or cut out the fabric in the shape of the hole before drilling.

Hello, I am stuck on this install. I have a 7010 with the i5 3470k and the GT710 graphics card. I can format the drive and get almost through the installation but I get stuck with 2 minutes remaining every time. Is there anything I can do? I don't have any way to adapt the HD2500 DP to my monitor right now.

@Poli169 - I have only 2 aerials and run the cable from the mini-pci card towards the power supply and around the edge of the motherboard, then slightly underneath the power supply to the rear and then the connectors you bought (not normal ones) can fit thru the small square holes but there is only space for two there (One lower on the left, one higher on right between cpu cooler and power supply) and the third can go where BillyGoatGruff has placed his by drilling the casing (or probably not as stable - thru the plastic).

IMG_20190526_060849856.jpg

I don't have any way to adapt the HD2500 DP to my monitor right now.
Hi chadm424, firstly get your build info into your signature, it helps others to help and the rules require it and they are enforced. The build is pretty much solid, so if you are having problems the most likely thing is that you have missed something and if it aint that, then the next most likely thing is a hardware fault. Which port on the computer is connected to your monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back