Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
still I wonder why this ssdt doesnt work?
I've had problems with ssdt's too, I didnt work out what it was but I did find that if I was given an ssdt (not make my own) then I could get them to work. I suggest you go without the cpu ssdt (but get one for your cpu from somebody who knows theirs works) and then when its all done and you are certain you have nothing in any of the folders that doesnt need to be there - post your problem reporting files and see if anyone can advise on what needs to change before inserting the ssdt.

I've had problems with ssdt's too, I didnt work out what it was but I did find that if I was given an ssdt (not make my own) then I could get them to work. I suggest you go without the cpu ssdt (but get one for your cpu from somebody who knows theirs works) and then when its all done and you are certain you have nothing in any of the folders that doesnt need to be there - post your problem reporting files and see if anyone can advise on what needs to change before inserting the ssdt.
I did it myself, according to the @trs96 guide. Does anyone know how to check if it works correctly?

Use Intel Power Gadget and post a screenshot of it.

Looks reasonably priced to me. You know that they or the previous owner actually did flash the BIOS to A29 so it likely was checked out by a tech. Also says they installed a new hard drive. That's of some value too.

View attachment 407665
Sounds good just ordered it. From the two wifi/Bluetooth options which one is better for this model?

Sounds good just ordered it. From the two wifi/Bluetooth options which one is better for this model?
I haven't used either one. I've still got an older Atheros based card that works good. Maybe check with @nicksoph or someone else with the USFF that has used them.

I've noticed that scrolling in Chrome on my Optiplex is sometimes stuttering, the same applies to 60fps videos. Is it related to HD4000 drivers? Maybe this is some kind of a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back