Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm dead last here but I figured I would ask anyway. So I got my 6300 MT to work successfully with Mojave. everything seems to work except HDMI audio. The gpu is an RX560 4GB I have it hooked up to a 4K Sony TV and can't get any output. Most guides are a little older and involve nvidia cards. I've tried loading the AppleALC, AppleHDA, VooDooHDA, and Lilu Kexts. I even tried a couple other random 'fixes' floating online but I can't seem to get it to work. Advice?

Edit: I also have 5 HDMI outs listed in output devices. The inner computer speaker works but none of the other outputs seem to work. Tried connecting via displayport and same result.

Last edited:
Dear members, I have a HP6300 with a running Hackintosh High Sierra and with a i5-3470 cpu but want to replace it with a i7-3770. Can I simply replace the CPU hardware without doing anything else, can it start up when simply replacing the CPU again ?

Dear members, I have a HP6300 with a running Hackintosh High Sierra and with a i5-3470 cpu but want to replace it with a i7-3770. Can I simply replace the CPU hardware without doing anything else, can it start up when simply replacing the CPU again ?
Yes, it will just work, bios may have an option to turn off multithreading, best left on generally

Yes, it will just work, bios may have an option to turn off multithreading, best left on generally

one last question, will it run on the standard 240watt power supply or would it need the 320Watt power supply ?

one last question, will it run on the standard 240watt power supply or would it need the 320Watt power supply ?
240W PSU is plenty of power for your system. Some people run a 1050 Ti in those HPs and game with them.

If you are not using a heavy duty graphics card it will be fine

240W PSU is plenty of power for your system. Some people run a 1050 Ti in those HPs and game with them.

thank you, well will try this out.

Any advantages of using MB 12 on an existing Catalina 10.14.3 HP 8300 system?

Any advantages of using MB 12 on an existing Catalina 10.15.3 HP 8300 system?
Maybe. If you are using VirtualSMC kext you can install the HWMonitor SMC2 application and required plugins.
If you already have a version of Clover that works you can stay with that.

1585059158332.png

thank you, well will try this out.

Just wanted to let you know, ultimately it worked, I got a defect one send, but the 2nd time is the charm, the I7-3770 is working just perfectly on my music Hackintosh. running it on High Sierra 10.13.3. Not sure if I should update the OS, Catalina for sure not, seemingly there are many issue's with music software. it's running good now, so I'll leave it for now. Thanks again for making it possible, I'm very happy with my HP6300 Hackintosh setup.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back