Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day!
Sir, I am planning for this build after upgrading to an Nvidia GT 710 or GT 1030 in that case.
What I want to know is if this video: (
) enough to complete the installation process without any hiccups.

Good day!
Sir, I am planning for this build after upgrading to an Nvidia GT 710 or GT 1030 in that case.
What I want to know is if this video enough to complete the installation process without any hiccups.
Yes, it's a start to finish complete guide. Note that the GT 1030 only works with High Sierra which does have a Nvidia driver for that OS. The GT 710 will work with Mojave or High Sierra.

Hey @trs96 - I just cloned my primary drive, but I assume nothing needs to be done for new patches? I saw 10.14.3 is out so I was going to let it install...didn’t know if there was something special that had to be redone with any of the tonymac tools

Hey @trs96 - I just cloned my primary drive, but I assume nothing needs to be done for new patches? I saw 10.14.3 is out so I was going to let it install...didn’t know if there was something special that had to be redone with any of the tonymac tools
I don't see any HP hardware in your profile. Need to fix that first.

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 560 4GB
This is the lowest cost, OOB compatible new AMD card you can buy.
After Rebate it's just $105 - rebate offer is good till the end of this month 2/28/19
See it at Newegg
Note: It will only fit in the HP 6300 Pro MT or the HP Elite 8300 MT as it is a full height card.
Needs no 6 pin supplemental power so your existing HP PSU can easily power this card.

Hi there

I don't have as many lines as your instruction states but I only see one device not two as your screen shot shows I've attached my config eve thing else worked pretty straight other than the audio tried the voodoo first which broke twice and sounded terrible.

many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 15.07.01.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 15.07.01.png
    616.7 KB · Views: 133
  • config.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 165
but I only see one device not two as your screen shot shows
Just ignore the 2nd one. Not important. You need to change 11 to 0 in this section of CC shown below.
You can just delete the 11 and type in zero in it's place.

Last edited:
still doesn't display a sound card?
Try this config.plist Back up the existing one first. Delete that one and put this in it's place. Attached below.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back