Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can now use AppleALC 1.3.2 and Lilu 1.2.7 if you have a GT 1030, GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti dedicated graphics card and want to use HDMI audio.

I don't have any video card, can I install without problem? And if I install a non Nvidia card?

And if I install a non Nvidia card?

The best choice right now is the MSI RX560 Low Profile if you can find one. It will work with Mojave too. If you can't get the MSI brand get the Gigabyte Low Profile version. If that costs too much replace the i5-3470 with the i5-3475S and use the supported HD4000 integrated graphics.

I don't have any video card, can I install without problem?
I've tried doing that and it doesn't work very well with HD2500 graphics. You need working graphics anyway so just get some compatible graphics card that works first.

Last edited:
I like the RX but they are not sold here in Europe and it is hard to find a low profile card with display port, new or used, which supports metal and is easy to set up; buying from USA would make me pay too much in taxes. It doesn't have to be very powerful as I don't do gaming, only some video and photo editing; cpu would be enough but the price of a 3770 here is the same of a new card, which has more potential. Will be waiting for new deals during January.

I took the risk and installed the audio drivers from GitHub and Lilu, working fine. The machine runs very smoothly and stable. Missing (besides video card):
- Sleep;
- Bluetooth - the Asus BT400 doesn't work oob during initial boot, but OS recognized my magic keyboard and trackpad;
- Usb, working good but seen around a way to see it properly.

I like the RX but they are not sold here in Europe and it is hard to find a low profile card with display port, new or used, which supports metal and is easy to set up; buying from USA would make me pay too much in taxes. It doesn't have to be very powerful as I don't do gaming, only some video and photo editing; cpu would be enough but the price of a 3770 here is the same of a new card, which has more potential. Will be waiting for new deals during January.
A Core i3-3225 will work for HD4000 graphics. They can be found on Ebay. The Nvidia GT710 graphics card can also be a short term option till you can get something better. It will do 4K @ 30Hz via the HDMI output when connected to a monitor or TV with HDMI 2.0.

Hi, I recently make a fresh installation of Hogh Sierra on my 6300 SFF with a new RX 560 4gb LP GPU as the recommendations for Final Cut Pro.

It's Easy make the GPU works.

I come from Sierra and GTX 1050 that have some issues, most important Black screen flashes on my dual monitor setup.

Now, i Have two major issues.

- System can't shutdown. I can shutdown normal if i unplug all the USB attached. (USB Wifi Wireless for example)
- I can't make work a dual system monitor throught the DVI cable. I didn't try with an HDMi.

My first screen is a Dell UP2516D connected via Dp.

I want a system to make some projects on Final Cut, and Photoshop.

I attach my configlist , if someone have a similar configuration please help me, thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 104
I want a system to make some projects on Final Cut, and Photoshop.
I attach my configlist , if someone have a similar configuration please help me, thank you
Try installing the latest Whatevergreen kext to /L/E as well as Lilu if you don't have that. Use kextbeast to install the kexts then run Kext Utility to rebuild caches and repair permissions.

Attachments

• Kext_Utility.app.v2.6.6.zip
    281.2 KB · Views: 79
You have the option to enable the Realtek ALC221 audio

Does this method still works on Mojave, on a clean install? It worked for me in HS and after upgrade it was still working.
Will it support hdmi audio, as the new method?

Does this method still works on Mojave, on a clean install? It worked for me in HS and after upgrade it was still working.
Will it support hdmi audio, as the new method?
Yes, it will work. As far as HDMI audio you'll have to test it and see. Just don't mix methods/steps from the UEFI Hotpatch guide (written by Sniki) with this guide, use one or the other.

Yes, it will work. As far as HDMI audio you'll have to test it and see.

Never said, but thank you for your guide on HP 8300, very objective and complete. Yes, I saw Sniki guide, looks good and too complex for me. I don't use hdmi audio and this works great. Looking for info about how to keep files and configurations for future installations. I guess it is not just copying the efi partition contents, it is necessary to open, copy and edit. Is there any tool to deal with this? To avoid repeating all those steps.

Is there any tool to deal with this? To avoid repeating all those steps.
Once you've got everything working just make a clone of the whole drive so if anything happens to your boot drive, you can go back to that cloned drive and it will work. The easiest way to clone is to buy a copy of Acronis True Image 2019 and use that. So simple, it just takes a few clicks, even the whole EFI partition gets backed up.

Watch the short video in the following:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...macos-system-drive.254705/page-4#post-1875809

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back