Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guide doesn't say anything about entering an ig_platform id or using the IntelGF. kext either. Follow the guide exactly as presented and it will work. Are you using a DP to HDMI adapter for your monitor's connection ?

Yep you are right it doesn't. Thank you for putting together the guides. Your guides and this thread is why I obtained an 8300 USFF. The guides and my system do work right now. Am just trying to get my system to be even better. Am using a DP to HDMI adapter. Are others experiencing flickering issues with Google Chrome browser and HD 4000 graphics?

Yep you are right it doesn't. Thank you for putting together the guides. Your guides and this thread is why I obtained an 8300 USFF. The guides and my system do work right now. Am just trying to get my system to be even better. Am using a DP to HDMI adapter. Are others experiencing flickering issues with Google Chrome browser and HD 4000 graphics?
I'm not sure. I use only the GTX 1050 dedicated graphics so I'm not able to test HD4000. If someone else with HD4000 graphics in their 8300 could test and report that would give us some helpful info to resolve your graphics problems.

I just received my 8300 i7 and followed the guide to make my USB installer and setup my bios. I was able to get the install disk to boot and format my destination SSD, however when I try to install High Sierra I receive a message that “The recovery server could not be contacted.” I can see some workarounds using terminal, but I don’t think terminal can be launched from the install disk. Any help?

Edit: I am not connected to the internet, as I currently have a logistics issue with that. Will that be necessary to continue?

I just received my 8300 i7 and followed the guide to make my USB installer and setup my bios. I was able to get the install disk to boot and format my destination SSD, however when I try to install High Sierra I receive a message that “The recovery server could not be contacted.” I can see some workarounds using terminal, but I don’t think terminal can be launched from the install disk. Any help?
plug a network cable in your machine

Hey y'all, I have my HP 8300 full size desktop up and running with High Sierra! Big shout out to everyone who has contributed to this awesome info!

I recently received my Broadcom wifi/bluetooth card in the mail after almost 4 weeks. I got the BCM94360CS and a PCIe adapter. I plugged it in and attached the power cable to the motherboard and it fired right up! Wifi and bluetooth instantly began working! I checked the system report and it all is there supporting Bluetooth LE and it says that Handoff is supported.

What I am having trouble with it that Handoff and Continuity are not working. When my iPad or iPhone are nearby, they do not share handoff despite having it turned on on both devices. I looked it up and the BCM94360CS is not the exact card that would have come with an iMac 13,2 which is what I have this machine designation set to. Would this be causing my problem? Is there a way to remedy this?

Also tell us what kind of monitor you are using and how it is connected.
Are you certain that you've used Multibeast 10.2.0 and made the correct selections ? You may want to revisit that part of the guide.

Okay think I've filled it out right in my profile. I'm using an HP 22es connected by a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. I'm certain it was MultiBeast 10.2.0, I only downloaded whatever was in this thread. Even right now I went to tonymac and made sure to download High Sierra MultiBeast and my system definition still won't change.

Is there anything I could've messed up along the way that would prevent Multibeast from making changes/ kextbeast installing kexts?

EDIT: In the SMBIOS section of Clover Configurator it says iMac 13,2 but in About This Mac it still says iMac 14,2. Doesn't seem normal lol.

I'm not sure. I use only the GTX 1050 dedicated graphics so I'm not able to test HD4000. If someone else with HD4000 graphics in their 8300 could test and report that would give us some helpful info to resolve your graphics problems.
I use HD4000 graphics on multiple 8300's running a mix of Sierra and High Sierra and have no issues with graphics. I spend a vast amount of my day in Chrome and have seen no issues.

As already mentioned, you don't need to change platform IDs or injections or anything. I followed the guides on here and they worked a treat.

@BenTheJeepGuy I am also interested in the BCM94360CS handoff / continuity question as I have similar results, although I am not signed into Messages.app on my 8300 and have not done much testing.

Hey y'all, I have my HP 8300 full size desktop up and running with High Sierra! Big shout out to everyone who has contributed to this awesome info!

I recently received my Broadcom wifi/bluetooth card in the mail after almost 4 weeks. I got the BCM94360CS and a PCIe adapter. I plugged it in and attached the power cable to the motherboard and it fired right up! Wifi and bluetooth instantly began working! I checked the system report and it all is there supporting Bluetooth LE and it says that Handoff is supported.

What I am having trouble with it that Handoff and Continuity are not working. When my iPad or iPhone are nearby, they do not share handoff despite having it turned on on both devices. I looked it up and the BCM94360CS is not the exact card that would have come with an iMac 13,2 which is what I have this machine designation set to. Would this be causing my problem? Is there a way to remedy this?
Have you tried signing out of iCloud and then signing back in to that on your iPhone and iPad ?

Okay think I've filled it out right in my profile. I'm using an HP 22es connected by a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. I'm certain it was MultiBeast 10.2.0, I only downloaded whatever was in this thread. Even right now I went to tonymac and made sure to download High Sierra MultiBeast and my system definition still won't change.

Is there anything I could've messed up along the way that would prevent Multibeast from making changes/ kextbeast installing kexts?
When you are running MB 10.2 are you directing it to the correct boot drive ? Are there any other drives in your system ?
You can also mount your EFI partition with CC or EFI mounter and make a copy of your config.plist so we can see what is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back