Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The command: /Volumes/Image\ Volume/No-Convert is taking too much time to execute, indeed it isn't executing.

Hi,

I am trying to setup my new desktop on an HP 8300 USDT with an i5 3475s, so using integrated graphic card

I have followed the tutorial and everything is working well except wake up from sleep (suspend).

The screen never goes back and I have to unplug/plug the display port cable.

From what I see, I have done the following :
- Clover configuration
- SSDTgen.sh and updated clover configuration - Validated using the Intel compagnion app (which show power, temp and frequency)
- Got 1080p resolution without any issue.
- Sound, network is working as expected.

I saw lots of posts regarding wakeup issue but never on HD4000 graphic card.

I was thinking to try to patch DSDT for that (I used to in previous life) but before that I just wanted to be sure if it was the right way.

Thanks a lot

When you plug / unplug the DisplayPort cable, do you get screen back?

I had a similar issue (also using 8300 with HD 4000) and turns out my monitor standby was the issue. If my monitor properly powers off, then I had to re-plug. If my monitor stays in "normal" standby, then wake up works. I have settings in my Benq display as to how energy efficient I want to be.

I never did an DSDT or anything complex, but I did experiment with a few command line commands in order to get things working reliably with both short and long (>24hr) standby times (these may be wrong, but give you the idea):

`sudo pmset -a standby 0`
`sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0`​

Try `pmset -g > pmset.txt` in terminal. My working readout is:

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 30 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod, sharingd)
autopoweroffdelay 14400
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 30
standbydelay 4200​

Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks for the feedback I will give it a try.

I think regarding the screen I have something like that, what is annoying is that this computer was running windows 10 and wake up was not an issue.

I wanted to find the correct setting on the machine itself....

Ok tried your solution, it's not working for me.

Tried to see if I can disable some settings on my monitor and nothing related to power management is working.

I've plugged a secondary monitor using Displayport to DVI adapter and this screen (an old 17 inches Dell LCD Display) is turning on at wake up.

So the issue is definitly from my main LCD screen (which is an AOC 2369M..whoknows somebody may have the same screen and a solution).

If anybody have an idea on how I can fix this It would be really great.

I suspect that the HD4000 graphic driver is not sending the right wake up sequence to the monitor (the one working is a really old one (maybe 10 years))

An OOB Alternative to using USB Wifi Dongles for your HP 6300/8300 Desktop

I've recently found a low cost, native wifi solution that works with High Sierra. It requires a small amount of work on your part but you won't have to rely on 3rd party drivers and USB dongles for your wifi. This card does not supply BT. You'll have to spend more to get a combo card that provides wifi and Bluetooth. The AR9280 sells for 11-14 USD on Amazon but you also need to purchase a PCI-e x1 adapter unless you are using the USDT 8300 (Also called the USFF or mini-ITX version of the 8300 Elite). The adapter currently sells for $17.99 on Amazon. If your nearest amazon doesn't have it try Ebay.com. Supports dual band 2.4 and 5.8 GHz wifi.

AR9280 Wifi card (also called Dell DW-1515) The Dell branded version usually costs much more.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ar9280

PCI-e x1 adapter for Wireless half mini card. (will work with SFF or CMT versions of the 6300/8300)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0789DXJJP/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Will support Airdrop but not Handoff or Continuity. Installing the metal cover and USB 2.0 cable is not necessary for this to work. The built in to the motherboard, 10/100 Intel Ethernet will always give you the fastest speeds so use that if you are able to. Not sure how long macOS will continue to support the AR9280 in future versions but you can be certain it works OOB with High Sierra without any extra kexts to install or DSDT patching necessary.

If you want an even simpler solution, get this AC600 USB wifi dongle and just install the driver and plug it in to a USB 2.0 port.

s-l500.jpgScreen Shot 2018-03-19 at 8.59.36 AM.png

If you want BT 4.0 handoff and continuity working then go with this Fenvi FV-HB1200 card.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-hb1200-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00062

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 8.27.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 8.27.31 AM.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Hi,

Installed 10.13.3 on 8300 USDT and am using HD4000. Looks good except sort of slow booting. The biggest issue is when I run Google Chrome browser there is a lot of flickering. Safari doesn't do this. In chrome I had to start with a command line argument to disable gnu acceleration. Only then chrome was behaving well enough that I could go into settings and disable gpu acceleration. W/o GPU acceleration still see a lot of flickering. Safari and Firefox are fine. I have used all of the appropriate ig_platform_id values and tried IntelGraphicsFixup.kext too. Any ideas? About Mac shows Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Guide worked great but now I'm having issues with the post-install. I followed the video along on my i7 minitower but I must've missed a step or something, here are the issues I'm having...

• I've tried KextBeast multiple times installing the AppleHDADisable and VoodooHDA kexts, still no sound from line in or front headphone port.
  • Logging into macOS theres some flickering going on but once im in it goes away.
  • System profiler says my Intel HD4000 only has 7mb of vram. System profiler also says iMac 14,2 even though I have set it to 13,2 in MultiBeast (I've ran MultiBeast multiple times and nothing changes).

Also I'm not sure if my clover is properly setup because I can only boot into OS X with my drive plugged in. If I don't have it plugged in my computer boots straight to my windows 10 partition. In boot order in the bios I didn't see any way to sort my partitions, only my drives, usb, etc. My issues above are my pressing to me though, I don't mind right now having to keep my drive plugged in I really just want my macOS partition to be running smooth

Any help is appreciated. Let me know if I need to give more details.

Guide worked great but now I'm having issues with the post-install. I followed the video along on my i7 minitower but I must've missed a step or something, here are the issues I'm having...

• I've tried KextBeast multiple times installing the AppleHDADisable and VoodooHDA kexts, still no sound from line in or front headphone port.
  • Logging into macOS theres some flickering going on but once im in it goes away.
  • System profiler says my Intel HD4000 only has 7mb of vram. System profiler also says iMac 14,2 even though I have set it to 13,2 in MultiBeast (I've ran MultiBeast multiple times and nothing changes).

Also I'm not sure if my clover is properly setup because I can only boot into OS X with my drive plugged in. If I don't have it plugged in my computer boots straight to my windows 10 partition. In boot order in the bios I didn't see any way to sort my partitions, only my drives, usb, etc. My issues above are my pressing to me though, I don't mind right now having to keep my drive plugged in I really just want my macOS partition to be running smooth

Any help is appreciated. Let me know if I need to give more details.
Start by filling out your hardware profile. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details
Also tell us what kind of monitor you are using and how it is connected.

System profiler says my Intel HD4000 only has 7mb of vram. System profiler also says iMac 14,2 even though I have set it to 13,2 in MultiBeast (I've ran MultiBeast multiple times and nothing changes).
Are you certain that you've used Multibeast 10.2.0 and made the correct selections ? You may want to revisit that part of the guide.

Last edited:
Hi,

Installed 10.13.3 on 8300 USDT and am using HD4000. Looks good except sort of slow booting. The biggest issue is when I run Google Chrome browser there is a lot of flickering. Safari doesn't do this. In chrome I had to start with a command line argument to disable gnu acceleration. Only then chrome was behaving well enough that I could go into settings and disable gpu acceleration. W/o GPU acceleration still see a lot of flickering. Safari and Firefox are fine. I have used all of the appropriate ig_platform_id values and tried IntelGraphicsFixup.kext too. Any ideas? About Mac shows Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
The guide doesn't say anything about entering an ig_platform id or using the IntelGF. kext either. Follow the guide exactly as presented and it will work. Are you using a DP to HDMI adapter for your monitor's connection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back