Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had followed another guide online and ended up with a buggy High Sierra install. Followed this and not only was it easier, but everything seems to be running smoothly! Thanks for the helpful guide!

Can anybody tell me if I need to use multibeast, kexts and clover again after installing the latest high Sierra update? Sorry im new to this.

Was able to boot back into Sierra and followed the "Update Directly to macOS High Sierra" thread. Still was unable to upgrade to High Sierra and at this point was unable to boot in Sierra. So, I went ahead and erased my current SSD and start from scratch. I created the High Sierra USB using Unibeast and now I only get to the Apple logo and it gets stuck at 10% - 20%. I guess I'm stuck at Sierra.

Finally had some time to mess with my system again today. Went ahead and went for the upgrade to High Sierra and I was 100% successful. I was also able to convert to APFS. Thanks for the guide and for the help TRS96:thumbup:

I am on APFS and works flawlessly.

@trs96 my previous mysterious lags (Sierra) are gone in High Sierra, the machine is working 24/7, super stable.

I was using Avira Antivirus for many years on different OS's, but on this particular one it caused huge delays in playing videos in Plex or VLC. Every time Avira scanned the whole file before I could play it, it was nerv wrecking (strangely I don't have this phenomenon on my laptop under macOS or Windows). So be aware.

I believe I have some graphics issues. I know the 8300 I have has Intel HD Graphics 4000, but for some reason it shows up as HD Graphics 2500 in "About this Mac" after the first boot while installing kexts and running MultiBeast. After going through the entire installation process successfully (although laggy at first) my 8300 hangs after I reboot it and doesn't ever fully boot back into MacOS. The progress bar fills and then goes back to ~60% and the screen has artifacts in it with a mouse pointer that moves when I move the mouse, and then goes back to normal, and then back to artifacts. Picture attached for reference.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Edit: I am connected to the monitor via DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter.

Attachments

• 8300 Hackintosh.jpg
    8300 Hackintosh.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 88
I believe I have some graphics issues. I know the 8300 I have has Intel HD Graphics 4000, but for some reason it shows up as HD Graphics 2500 in "About this Mac"
If you have the i5-3470 or i5-3570 it doesn't have HD4000 gfx. Those have HD2500 gfx. Which i5 do you have ?

Of all the Ivy Bridge Desktop i5s only the i5-3570K and i5-3475S have the HD4000 graphics. The higher end integrated graphics wasn't in as many desktop chips back in 2012.

Last edited:
If you have the i5-3470 or i5-3570 it doesn't have HD4000 gfx. Those have HD2500 gfx. Which i5 do you have ?

Crap. I guess I have HD2500 then. I have the i5 3470S. I am using the Ultra-Slim model. Can I get it working or do I need to use an 8300 tower that will take an external graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back