Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question, what kind of monitor are you connected to ? Are you using DVI or HDMI from your GT 710 ?

Removing those kext files did not make a difference.

I had the computer connected via HDMI to a Samsung Syncmaster T240HD, just out of curiosity I switched it to an HP LA2006x via DVI. Either way, neither one fixed the problem. Still locking up at about 50-60% progress.

Removing those kext files did not make a difference.

I had the computer connected via HDMI to a Samsung Syncmaster T240HD, just out of curiosity I switched it to an HP LA2006x via DVI. Either way, neither one fixed the problem. Still locking up at about 50-60% progress.

If you have followed the guide exactly it should work. I've never seen anyone yet get the KP message you are getting on one of these HP desktops. Many with custom builds have had that issue. So next step would be to create a Sierra UniBeast installer and try that. If successful then try an upgrade to High Sierra or you can stay with Sierra for a while if you want. Make sure you use the version of Unibeast specific to Sierra not the 8.1.0 HS version.

If you have followed the guide exactly it should work. I've never seen anyone yet get the KP message you are getting on one of these HP desktops. Many with custom builds have had that issue. So next step would be to create a Sierra UniBeast installer and try that. If successful then try an upgrade to High Sierra or you can stay with Sierra for a while if you want. Make sure you use the version of Unibeast specific to Sierra not the 8.1.0 HS version.

Got it, I'll give that a try and let you know, thanks again for all the help!

Great news, the Sierra install worked perfectly! Now, can I upgrade to High Sierra right within Sierra? Or how would I go about doing that?

Hey, hi, basically I have 2x Dell 2407WFP and one is connected via DVI, the other via HDMI on the GPU side and with HDMI to DVI converter at the monitor side. I am running those on a Gigabyte 1050Ti low profile (on a 6300SFF), which has the following: 1x DVI, 1xDP, 2xHDMI. A couple of times the computer managed to start with the two monitors and it was pretty epic and working as it should, but since then I've had zero success at starting it with two monitors, I was using before this setup Iiyama 27in, 1080p, 120Hz monitor which had the 120Hz part only through Duallink DVI cable, so MacOS was seeing this as primary monitor. Now only the DVI is working with the one of the new monitors and I've tried quite a few tricks to get it working without success. One of the things I noticed is that I do not have the number of ports on the gpu specified in config.plist, but I've been reluctant to touch this. Any ideas will be helpful.

Hm, this is strange. As trs96 wrote, turning off Legacy support can cause boot up issues if you have a GTX 1050 Ti with dual displays:
6. For Nvidia graphics cards that have UEFI boot capability: The GT 710, GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti are three examples. Use with single monitor setups only. May cause boot up issues with dual or triple monitors connected to your graphics card.

Upgrading Storage, Ram and Graphics in the HP 6300 / 8300 MT
This video applies primarily to the HP mini-tower and micro-tower versions. If you have never built your own PC from parts, you may not know how to upgrade your HP desktop. Watch this video to learn how easy it is to do this. The graphics card and ram upgrades apply to the SFF versions as well. Note that when you use the G.Skill ram shown in the video, only two modules will fit in an SFF case due to the height of the heatsinks. In the SFF desktops it's better to go with Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 ram when you will install 4 memory modules. Credit: MXKDI Youtube channel.

If you take basic static electricity precautions such as grounding yourself by touching metal on the case, there is no need to wear nitrile gloves as the creator of this video (MXKDI) has demonstrated here. Make sure to handle your ram and graphics card by the ram heatsink or the plastic shroud of your graphics card. Never touch the gold contacts on either of those.

Upgrade the HDD of the HP 8300 USDT (USFF) Desktop

Last edited:
Hm, this is strange. As trs96 wrote, turning off Legacy support can cause boot up issues if you have a GTX 1050 Ti with dual displays:

I have had success using dual monitors by hot-plugging the second one after booting up. This is with my GTX 1050 in a 6300 Pro with legacy support disabled. It's a minor annoyance but still doable.

I am just installing 10.13.3 and Clover looks weird. This is not the first time, happened to me with Unibeast 9.1 and newer: booting from the USB (or SSD with Sierra) after I created the installer following exactly the guide, Clover is missing some icons and labels. I could boot up the installer tho.

Edit 1: the Clover theme is all wrong it is not tonymacx86 like in the video.

Edit 2: No matter how I change the theme (deleting everything else, only tonymacx86 is left), it will always be like this:
IMG_0224.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this so helpfull guide, i've follow it from begining to the end and must say nothing is missing.
my 8300 SFF is running like a charm:
my config is build with Samsung EVO 500 (Trim forced), 16gb 1600, GTX1050 oc (4k Acer on DP w/all rez working) sound on green out and DP (4x2 digital outputs) updated to 10.13.3 with latest Nvidia web driver BUT ...
A minor problem is that i'm using another cpu (3470 or 3770) and before to sell it i would sbmit a little request:
my setup is based on a 3570 chip and i notice some lags (specialy while multitasking) the frequency stay low, it usualy move between 1,6 and 1,9ghz it's only when i run geekbench 3 (multi score 10332) or stressing it up using command line in terminal "yes > /dev/null &" that the frequency goes to 3,4ghz but it won't reach the turbo speed 3,8ghz (showed by intel power gadget). question: is there any chance to fix that by using other imac definition (and how to properly do that ?) or better generating SSDT is (but very critical for me as i didn't find any recent guide for this specific chip under 10.13.3) ?
any help is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back