Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the symptoms? What do you struggle with precisely. Because I had my own war with the dual monitor setup too :) I have a calibrated HP LP2475W semi-professional IPS monitor on the DVI connector and a calibrated LG 43LH5100 IPS TV on the HDMI connector passing throuh a Yamaha HTR-2067 AVR. But now I know all the quirks.
Hey, hi, basically I have 2x Dell 2407WFP and one is connected via DVI, the other via HDMI on the GPU side and with HDMI to DVI converter at the monitor side. I am running those on a Gigabyte 1050Ti low profile (on a 6300SFF), which has the following: 1x DVI, 1xDP, 2xHDMI. A couple of times the computer managed to start with the two monitors and it was pretty epic and working as it should, but since then I've had zero success at starting it with two monitors, I was using before this setup Iiyama 27in, 1080p, 120Hz monitor which had the 120Hz part only through Duallink DVI cable, so MacOS was seeing this as primary monitor. Now only the DVI is working with the one of the new monitors and I've tried quite a few tricks to get it working without success. One of the things I noticed is that I do not have the number of ports on the gpu specified in config.plist, but I've been reluctant to touch this. Any ideas will be helpful.

@BobBobster I've installed High Sierra on nearly the exact same hardware you have (except I use a non-Ti 1050). In testing sleep just now it takes slightly longer to go to sleep but wakes up instantly on my system. As far as the lag issue, this is not my daily driver so I don't have it on all day long to see if it has the same problem you are experiencing. So if you haven't moved to HS yet it may be worth a try especially once the .3 update comes out in a short time. Use a clean HDD to test it out first.

I should also ask both of you which browser do you primarily use ? Chrome, Firefox or Safari ? There are thousands of posts from people having these kinds of issues with Chrome. Just try search and see the results. So it may not be specific to just this hardware.

I was using Safari initially as I was liking the tabs being visible both on my Iphone and vice versa. I am now trying out Chrome, and I might be wrong but it feels like the lag is less frequent. I will update to HS but no rush. And yes brand new SSD and all that - I am currently running on Crucial M4 and I have another exact one which I will use for a new install and if successful I will continue with it, if not I'll still have the initial M4 with 12.6. To be honest I adore the system and MacOS and it is so performant, I would ideally like to add a Macbook in the near future, but life plans are ever changing so not holding my breath and just making do with what I have. Thanks for the help and the advice.

I'm running into a wall with my build here: HP 6300 Microtower, Core i5, it has the HD2500 on board graphics, so I put in an nVidia GT 710. I've followed the instructions exactly for this specific build (granted the instructions are for Sierra not High Sierra) yet I'm getting the black screen with white Apple logo, loads to about 50-60% then locks up and I'm getting the spinning wheel, when booting into the install within Unibeast. No new added hardware besides the video card, otherwise everything else is stock, connected via an HDMI cable to monitor.

My High Sierra Unibeast was done on my home 27" 2017 iMac with High Sierra, everything went fine there.

My Clover boot options are set as follows:
"Boot Args:dart=0 nv_disable=1"

Not sure what I need to do, to get this working, any ideas?

My Clover boot options are set as follows:
"Boot Args:dart=0 nv_disable=1"
No prospect of the Nvidia graphics working if you disable the drivers.

No prospect of the Nvidia graphics working if you disable the drivers.

So I guess I'm not quite sure how to change that 1 to a 0, if I manually go in and change it and then run the boot, it still does the same thing - locks up at about half way of loading... then I reboot, go back into Clover..and that "0" is a "1" again!

Complete 7 Step HP 6300/8300 High Sierra CustoMac Guide

High Sierra Install starts at: 6:21 Timestamp

High Sierra Post Install starts at 10:40 Timestamp

Thank you

Complete 7 Step HP 6300/8300 High Sierra CustoMac Guide

High Sierra Install starts at: 6:21 Timestamp

High Sierra Post Install starts at 10:40 Timestamp

I flashed the bios to 3.0.4 not 2.99 will that be a problem?

So I guess I'm not quite sure how to change that 1 to a 0, if I manually go in and change it and then run the boot, it still does the same thing - locks up at about half way of loading... then I reboot, go back into Clover..and that "0" is a "1" again!
You don't have to change that for the install. Try disabling legacy support in BIOS and then boot with your GT 710 connected via HDMI or DVI. Should work if you've followed the rest of the guide.

Legacy support in the BIOS is already disabled. I have also updated the BIOS to 3.04, would that make any difference?

I didnt see anything in the instructions, but do I have to add anything to the Unibeast or Multibeast prior to booting to USB, like adding or editing Kext files or is that after install and I'm in macOS? Sorry, I'm fairly new to this and I do appreciate the help!

Legacy support in the BIOS is already disabled. I have also updated the BIOS to 3.04, would that make any difference?

I didnt see anything in the instructions, but do I have to add anything to the Unibeast or Multibeast prior to booting to USB, like adding or editing Kext files or is that after install and I'm in macOS? Sorry, I'm fairly new to this and I do appreciate the help!
If you made your UniBeast installer with the latest 8.1.0 you shouldn't have to add anything to it pre-installation. BIOS 3.04 is fine. At the clover boot screen, press the space bar and checkmark the box for Verbose (-v) booting and take a photo of the lines of text where it stops / Kernel panics. Upload it here for review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back