Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished installing HS on my 8300, followed this guide. But I have no sound.

In Unibeast I did not select any audio drivers, per video.

Anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Thanks

I just finished installing HS on my 8300, followed this guide. But I have no sound.

In Unibeast I did not select any audio drivers, per video.

Anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Thanks
You have to install the two kexts with kextbeast, do not use Multibeast to install VoodooHDA 2.9 as it won't work that way. The HDADisabler kext is also needed.

You have to install the two kexts with kextbeast, do not use Multibeast to install VoodooHDA 2.9 as it won't work that way. The HDADisabler kext is also needed.

Yup, did that also. I must have missed a step somewhere because when I restarted after I installed an app it gave me 5 partial apples across the screen and kept on trying to boot. I’ll try again tomorrow, if I can’t get HS to work I’ll try Sierra. Thanks.

Great news, the Sierra install worked perfectly! Now, can I upgrade to High Sierra right within Sierra? Or how would I go about doing that?
Hi, I have the same problem as yours. Have you successfully updated to High Sierra?

Hi, i have the same problem.
I have both models 8300 bios v2.99 and 6300 bios v3.04
Both models have i5-3470 and Quadro K600
I install Sierra with no problem.
I can't install H Sierra?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I think I just figured I can’t use the integrated graphics card (hd2500). Looking for a 730 or 1030 to try again. Seemed to work fine except for sound. Also went black after restarted after clover.

If I’m wrong please let me know.

Many thanks for this tutorial. I setup a brand new machine with a new SSD and things appear to be working. However I get a bunch of entries (attached) that popup just before Clover lets me choose where to boot from.

I don't recall doing anything special re APFS, disk utility seems to report my SSD as an APFS volume, but I'm well aware I'm not fully understanding this new file system.

Should I be worried about the attached error messages? I am happy to re-install things again, this is a new machine designed initially for testing...but if I do that would like to know where I went wrong and what to do differently!

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3076.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back