Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 serious thank you again for this guide. I just followed it again with Mojave install and Mojave’s versions of Unibeast And multibeast. Even the custom dsdt instructions for audio worked flawlessly...now I have a perfect Mojave’s build that even works with FaceTime and messaging. Thanks again

@trs96 serious thank you again for this guide. I just followed it again with Mojave install and Mojave’s versions of Unibeast And multibeast. Even the custom dsdt instructions for audio worked flawlessly...now I have a perfect Mojave’s build that even works with FaceTime and messaging. Thanks again
Great to hear ! Enjoy using Mojave and dark mode.

I have high Sierra installed on my HP 8300 sff. I am using gt710. Now. I want to upgrade to Mojave. will gt710 work or I need to get another graphic card

Enable CPU Power Management

It's very easy to implement CPU PM for your Core i Intel CPU. All you need to do is place the correct SSDT.aml for your processor into the correct folder of your installation drive's EFI partition. For the HP 6300/8300 you need to be using the iMac 13,2 SMBIOS. Find the i5-3470 and i7-3770 SSDTs attached below. NOTE: This step is optional and not mandatory for you to implement.

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Use either EFI mounter V3 or Clover Configurator to mount your EFI partition then drag and drop the file there.

After you've done that make the following changes under the ACPI tab in Clover Configurator in the Drop Tables section and save the changes : View attachment 308174

Do not checkmark any of the Generate Options or SSDT options in Clover Configurator. credit: Toleda

If you don't have the i5-3470 or i7-3770 CPU generate your own SSDT.aml by using this guide: Generate SSDT for CPU PM

You can also download the Intel Power Gadget for Mac to check your CPU power usage. Download AppleIntelInfo.kext and run that via Terminal to see if you are getting all the p-states that you should for your specific CPU. See the SSDT guide linked above for complete instructions from tonymacx86.
View attachment 308164 View attachment 308326
At idle my i5-3470 stays at about 25 degrees C and only uses about 6.5W of power. That is quite impressive.
Hi, Hi I have installed high sierra but 17G2208 navidia web driver Not available What is the remedy?

I have high Sierra installed on my HP 8300 sff. I am using gt710. Now. I want to upgrade to Mojave. will gt710 work or I need to get another graphic card

It will likely work. Which model and what kind of ram does it have ? DDR3 or GDDR5 ?

Also note that the Mojave Guide by Sniki is for clean installing Mojave only, not upgrading from HS. If you used my HS guide and everything is working, don't use the UEFI patching method in the Mojave guide.

Last edited:
Hi, Hi I have installed high sierra but 17G2208 navidia web driver Not available What is the remedy?

Your 8400 GS doesn't need web drivers. Just needs Inject Nvidia in your Clover config.plist.

Your 8400 GS doesn't need web drivers. Just needs Inject Nvidia in your Clover config.plist.
Thank you, solved:thumbup:

The output of the back of the sound does not work. Sounds distributed inside the case

Not sure what this means ? Explain in a another way ?
Ok,back output sound, not work.
Play Sound in case.
Front sound output worked

Attachments

• IMG_20190106_000436_HHT.jpg
    IMG_20190106_000436_HHT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20190106_000422_HHT.jpg
    IMG_20190106_000422_HHT.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 243
Ok,back output sound, not work.
Play Sound in case.
Front sound output worked
You have it plugged into the input jack and not the output. Try the green one right below that.

IMG_20190106_000436_HHT.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back