Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have to do this manually you'll appreciate more all the work Toleda and MacMan have done to make most of the audio codecs work in a hackintosh with just a few mouse clicks. So it's really not so bad to see a video guide to learn how DSDT patching works. Because it is fairly complicated I made that ALC221 video for those with no previous experience. Seems to be working for most who try it. The sound quality is much better than what you'll get with Voodoo HDA.
Agreed. I was able to follow it for my first build, so ill just have to re-watch the video. One other obvious question I guess...what am I gaining by moving to HD4000 given I already have a GT710? Should I expect to see any meaningly performance difference between the two? I didnt really see anything online about it, but it looks like the HD4000 is recognized as 1.5GB as opposed to 2GB for the GT710

Should I expect to see any meaningful performance difference between the two? I didnt really see anything online about it
The GT 710 is newer and wouldn't use any of your system ram and should perform slightly better. It has driver support within macOS so the Nvidia driver isn't needed. HD4000 is also natively supported so it's really a toss up which one you use. Most people that use the 710 don't have HD4000 on their CPU. The 710 is simply an easy, cheap way to get working graphics when using a chip like the i5-3470 which has HD2500. If you can use the GT 710 in another system you might as well do that and use the HD4000 in your HP 8300. Do you have at a least 8 GB of ram in your 8300 ?

Last edited:
The GT 710 is newer and wouldn't use any of your system ram and should perform slightly better. It has driver support within macOS so the Nvidia driver isn't needed. HD4000 is also natively supported so it's really a toss up which one you use. Most people that use the 710 don't have HD4000 on their CPU. The 710 is simply an easy, cheap way to get working graphics when using a chip like the i5-3470 which has HD2500. If you can use the GT 710 in another system you might as well do that and use the HD4000 in your HP 8300. Do you have at a least 8 GB of ram in your 8300 ?

My 8300 has 22GB of RAM. I had ordered 16gb then got that new machine which came with 6 so I just threw it all together. I guess my thought was if I kept the gt 710 out of the 8300, I could leave it in the 6300 and have 2 full working hackintoshs (hackintoshi? Not sure what the plural is :lol: )

The Fenvi Wifi/BT Card FV-T919 is now back in stock
These give you 1300 Mbps wireless AC speeds and Blutetooth 4.0 for your mouse/trackpad/keyboard. Works in either the 2.4 GHz band or the 5 GHz band. It enables Continuity and Handoff on your Hackintosh. This is a full height card so it works best (4 antenna attached) in either the 8300 MT or the 6300 Pro Microtower. You can put a Low Profile adapter on it but then can only connect 3 antennae. I don't believe that they provide a LP adpater in the box either. The BT range of these is many times better than any BT dongle in a USB port can ever provide. The manufacturer model # of the card is BCM94360CD. It was used in the Late 2013 iMacs sold by Apple. The drivers are native in macOS. No extra kexts to install to make it work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fenvi-fv-t919-is-back-in-stock-51-30-shipped-from-china.252863/
screen-shot-9-jpg.332693

I just received this wifi/bluetooth adapter today. I ordered it on June 4. It took 11 days to ship from Shenzhen China to Southern California, USA. Plug it in, connected the included cable into an empty USB header on the HP 8300 motherboard...easy peasy. It worked right out of the box. No configuration or software changes needed.

Great guide, got my hackintosh up and running in a couple hours by following the video. The only step that I had trouble with was deleting the hidden files in the last step - is this a necessary step? Everything seems to be working fine so wasn't sure. 20180616_220853.jpg

it's optional

At the risk of appearing to be a muppet...

Could we have a patched/clean DSDT for 3.06 shared via the OP? Likewise more than just the two SSDTs? I have a 3570S and get some error message when generating SSDT.

Final idiot Q... Does the Apple ALC only provide sound via the HDMI? For Onboard Sound also then I need the ALC221 as well?

At the risk of appearing to be a muppet...

Could we have a patched/clean DSDT for 3.06 shared via the OP? Likewise more than just the two SSDTs? I have a 3570S and get some error message when generating SSDT.

Final idiot Q... Does the Apple ALC only provide sound via the HDMI? For Onboard Sound also then I need the ALC221 as well?
The voodoo kexts mentioned get the built in speaker and some of the headphone jacks working if that's what you're talking about.

The voodoo kexts mentioned get the built in speaker and some of the headphone jacks working if that's what you're talking about.

Dont want Voodoo kexts (especially if I am using others).

I skipped all sound stuff and got it all installed and then tried adding the AppleALC, Lilu.kext using KextBeast and now the thing refuses to boot at all - just stuck on Apple logo... :( The guide makes it all look easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back