CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I updated macOS to Catalina and tried this after the update. Didn't work. I don't think I have installed Voodoo or AppleHDA Disable kexts.
I no longer own the 8300 so unfortunately I can't test what will work for that audio codec and Catalina. You could look at Sniki's HP 8300 guide to see what he's doing in Catalina to enable that.

Note for you or anyone that wants to try that UEFI hotpatching method for Catalina, if you want to use that guide a clean install is mandatory for it to work. You can't simply upgrade from Mojave installed with this guide to Catalina and that guide. They are very different approaches to hackintoshing the HP 8300. Sniki has now switched to Virtualsmc instead of Fakesmc and that alone makes the two guides incompatible.

Test out installing Catalina via Sniki's guide I've linked above. Remove your Mojave SSD and install to a clean new SSD and compare the results. Anyone with a medium level of hackintosh experience can implement that guide. It doesn't use Unibeast or Multibeast but is clearly written and easy to follow.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Today's Newegg Shell Shocker - i7-3770 HP 8300 SFF with 128 GB SSD for $212.99

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16883997499?Item=N82E16883997499

This has literally everything you need to run Mojave or even the Latest Catalina. The HD4000 graphics are fully supported in Catalina. Great choice as a 2nd hackintosh or to give to another family member that needs an upgrade from an old and slow virus infected Windows 7 PC. If you will be using Unibeast/Multibeast method then install Mojave first and upgrade to Catalina later on. All Windows 7 support ends in mid January 2020 so no one should still use that on a PC connected to the internet.

Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won’t end until January 14, 2020. Find out the difference between mainstream and extended support.

Support for Windows 7 will be discontinued, but the software will continue to function. After January 14, 2020, if your computer is running Windows 7, it will no longer receive security updates. Therefore, it's important that you move to a modern operating system such as Windows 10 or macOS, which can provide the latest security updates to help keep you and your data safer. In addition, Microsoft customer service will no longer be available to provide Windows 7 technical support.

Last edited: