Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much man , Your guide helped me to achieve a successful installation of macOS Sierra on HP 6300 i3 - 3220 3.30GHz ,12GB RAM, Samsung Geforce GT-220, Realtek ALC221 Audio. Only the hard issue I faced was the find the correct resolution for my HP V201 monitor (1900x600x32) the only solution I found is to use SwitchResX app .
Now it is time to check AppStore & iCloud.
My question now : is it save to apply any system update for Sierra or update to higher OS like HS or Mojave ? Is there any thing I should take it in consideration or to avoid ?
Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.35.36 PM copy.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.36.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.37.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.35.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.35.36 PM.png
    99 KB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.35.36 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.35.36 PM copy.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 197
is it safe to apply any system update for Sierra or update to higher OS like HS or Mojave ? Is there any thing I should take it in consideration or to avoid ?
You really can't upgrade to HS or Mojave without getting a better graphics card. It would also help to get a monitor with at least an HDMI input that is 1920 x 1080p. You'll never get normal graphics resolutions with a VGA only 19" monitor.

1575223047562.png

You don't want to use VGA output on your graphics card either. It works somewhat but not a good idea to use.

Here's what I'd suggest for a low cost upgrade for your system.

Get this gfx card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-Qua...697094?hash=item593dba1ec6:g:caQAAOSw9iNd3Xo7

Combine it with this monitor: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072XCZSSW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Screen_Shot_1.png

You may also need a DP to DP cable. Not sure if one comes in the box with the monitor. They don't cost much if you do need one. A good quality one costs around 7 dollars.
It most likely has an HDMI cable. You can also buy a low cost DP to HDMI adapter and use the cable you get with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advise .Since I have a limited budget I can’t spend more money on this hackintosh PC beside that I have a 2011MBP and a MBAir as well . I just don’t want to use them heavily in audio and video editing . Currently my hackintosh PC working fine and grafix working perfectly without any flicks or glitches. Monitor connect thru DVI to VGA adaptor. As per your advise I will stick with sierra . But what about updating Sierra is it okay or it will destroy my kext, drivers .. etc ?

But what about updating Sierra is it okay or it will destroy my kext, drivers .. etc ?
If you can make a backup first before updating then you can try it. Don't think any updates should break anything. There is always some chance of something going wrong.

If you can make a backup first before updating then you can try it. Don't think any updates should break anything. There is always some chance of something going wrong.
That is eaxactly what I am doing in Weekly basis using SuperDupper app.

Last edited:
Hi TRS96,
The sound device names showing in Spanish !! is there any solution.
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 3.48.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 3.50.24 AM.png

@karoli9 I simply have sleep disabled as it boots up so fast after it's completely shut down, it's not much different than sleeping the computer anyway. The GTX 1050s are highly energy efficient so I'm not worried about electricity usage. I do of course have an SSD installed and legacy support disabled in BIOS. Even booting from a mechanical drive seems acceptable for boot up times.

@BobBobster I've installed High Sierra on nearly the exact same hardware you have (except I use a non-Ti 1050). In testing sleep just now it takes slightly longer to go to sleep but wakes up instantly on my system. As far as the lag issue, this is not my daily driver so I don't have it on all day long to see if it has the same problem you are experiencing. So if you haven't moved to HS yet it may be worth a try especially once the .3 update comes out in a short time. Use a clean HDD to test it out first.

I should also ask both of you which browser do you primarily use ? Chrome, Firefox or Safari ? There are thousands of posts from people having these kinds of issues with Chrome. Just try search and see the results. So it may not be specific to just this hardware.
Thank you very much for the guide. I used this guide to install Mojave on HP 8300 SFF. It is running great, but the small issue that I'm having is usb 3.0-two of the ports does not work for some reason. Sometimes they work. Is this a known issue? If it is, is there a fix for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the guide. I used this guide to install Mojave on HP 8300 SFF. It is running great, but the small issue that I'm having is usb 3.0-two of the ports does not work for some reason. Sometimes they work. Is this a known issue? If it is, is there a fix for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You might need to create a USB SSDT. Try following this guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back