- Nov 8, 2018
I have a problem when I edit de config.plist for put the code text. I wrote it in the right position but when I save the archive, the code text change and it's puts after FaikeID lines.How to Activate ALC221 Audio and your Front Microphone JackIn post #2 of this thread, I posted a guide to patch your DSDT for working ALC221 audio. That patch doesn't enable the front combo Mic/Headphone jack. If you absolutely need that Mic input to work, you can now use an SSDT and the Codec Commander kext + a minor config.plist edit to get a working Mic jack . If you don't use that front mic jack, simply continue to use your previously patched DSDT for working ALC221 audio. Credit for the ALC221 SSDT.aml goes to: Sniki
0. Remove the VoodooHDA and AppleHDA Disabler kexts if you had installed those previously.
(this is done in case your edits don't work or the new config.plist gets corrupted some how.)
- Remove your patched DSDT from Clover/ACPI/patched and put it in a folder to keep as a backup option.
- Back up your current working Clover config.plist. You could put it in the same folder as your patched DSDT.
3. Open your system drive's Clover config.plist with a plist editor and make the following change of the Audio Layout ID from 11 to 0. (The DSDT patching guide suggested the change to 11. Yours may already be set to 0)
View attachment 377940
4. Edit your system drive's Clover config.plist with the following entry in the Devices section. It should be entered just after the Inject Audio Layout ID section shown above. (Use a plist editor like PlistEdit Pro or BBedit to make the edit. Do not use the Mac text edit app)
Here's how it should look when you've finished the edit:Code:
<key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key> <dict> <key>#Comment</key> <string>Realtek ALC221 Audio Configuration</string> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-1</string> <key>layout-id</key> <integer>11</integer> </dict> </dict>
View attachment 377890
This screenshot is from the Devices/Properties section in Clover Configurator
View attachment 387389
- Download the two attached files, RehabMan-Codec Commander kext and the SSDT for ALC221
- Install Codec Commander to /L/E/ with Kextbeast
- Drag and drop the SSDT-ALC221.aml into your Clover/ACPI/patched folder
- Make sure you've got the latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed to /L/E
- Reboot and test out your front combo mic/headphone jack
I tried diferents Editor but the result is the same.
The result is that the patch don't work. ¿is that the reason?
67.5 KB Views: 20
86.9 KB Views: 22