Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont want Voodoo kexts (especially if I am using others).

I skipped all sound stuff and got it all installed and then tried adding the AppleALC, Lilu.kext using KextBeast and now the thing refuses to boot at all - just stuck on Apple logo... :( The guide makes it all look easy...
Ahh, I gotya. I just did the voodoo because it was dirt simple, and the quality sounds fine to my ears.

Hello all, I've tried to install on my HP 6300 High Sierra, but it's very difficult. I've made my USB key with unibeast (when it worked because I had few message or sticky freeze for boatloader moment).

Afterwards I managed to install my 10.13.2, but during the installation and still for now the reboot don't work I have to shut down and power on manually what's wrong ? Does anyone can send me his configuration for HP6300 i5 2500, 3,3 ghz with GT 610 Nvidia card.

Because I've tried a lot of combination that just broke my EFI. I've tried tu update to 10,13,5 and impossible too.

Plz it's my first Hackintosh and two days of work for nothing at this point.
I've just managed to have sound with voodoo, and network.

Many thx for your help.

I have an iMac i5 mid 2011 to make my things on Mac and the HP6300 trying to become an Hackintosh ...

Does anyone can send me his configuration for HP6300 i5 2500, 3,3 ghz with GT 610 Nvidia card.
Nowhere in the guide does it say that a GT 610 card will work. Why are you using one ?
For a a budget choice try either a GT 710 or a used Asus EN210 graphics card. Then
follow the guide as it's presented and you'll have no problems.

After you've got compatible graphics, list all of your hardware in your profile, not inside of your post. This makes it much easier for others to help you. TIA https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

Nowhere in the guide does it say that a GT 610 card will work. Why are you using one ?

I'm just using one because I've bough with the PC and I don't have DP to dvi adapter and as far as I know vga isn't working so I don't have any choice.

But the graphic card is just recognised by my hackintosh

But the graphic card is just recognised by my hackintosh
The problem is that Apple has dropped support for it in macOS Sierra/High Sierra. It has been replaced with support for the 710 instead. Try to sell your 610 and then get a 710 which will work OOB via either HDMI or DVI outputs.

OTOH if you want to run El Capitan instead, you could keep using your GT 610. Just remember to inject Nvidia via your Clover config.plist and it will work.

Last edited:
The problem is that Apple has dropped support for it in macOS Sierra/High Sierra. It has been replaced with support for the 710 instead. Try to sell your 610 and then get a 710 which will work OOB via either HDMI or DVI outputs.

I plan to buy a GTX 750 or 750ti I hope I'll work with this !
But I don't understand my reboot issue on this pc even during the installation never rebooting do you have any explanation about this ?

Thx

But I don't understand my reboot issue on this pc even during the installation never rebooting do you have any explanation about this ?
It's an unsupported graphics card problem. Even if the Unibeast install works somewhat it doesn't mean you can boot from your HDD and use an unsupported gfx card.

I'm not sure how to start a topic related to the HP 8300 SFF hardware so I've just stuck it here.

I'm interested if anyone with this hardware has utilized the eSata port that is available. HP makes a cable that plugs into the motherboard but those are being sold for $50-$80 which seems ridiculous. I know I could rig one up myself for much less.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I'm not sure how to start a topic related to the HP 8300 SFF hardware so I've just stuck it here.

I'm interested if anyone with this hardware has utilized the eSata port that is available. HP makes a cable that plugs into the motherboard but those are being sold for $50-$80 which seems ridiculous. I know I could rig one up myself for much less.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Just buy a refurbished one on Ebay. Should be well under 10 USD

esata cable on Ebay

Standard and LP version

If the seller charges too much to ship, just buy a regular Sata to eSata cable, connect it internally and run it through
the back of the case without a back plate. I have not used one but see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Just rebuilt using this guide. Using on-board sound, which is working fine but not getting any Mic options - shows 2 Line In's but plugging in a mic there doesn't work. Is it just me or is that the way it is with on-board sound? Have an external USB sound card doing the job in the meantime.
Thanks again for this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back