Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 Can we have an ssdt for the 3770 made on HS please?

@trs96 Can we have an ssdt for the 3770 made on HS please?
There should be no difference between the one made on Sierra which is already attached at the end of post #1 of the HP 8300 thread. What is it specifically you are finding different in one made for Mojave ?

There should be no difference between the one made on Sierra which is already attached at the end of post #1 of the HP 8300 thread. What is it specifically you are finding different in one made for Mojave ?
Thanks I shall pick it up from there.

Looking at the two ssdt's attached in that zip I can see some differences but dont understand enough to make any comments about the differences. The first machine I noticed it on threw up some strange errors eg, efi wouldnt show as being mounted in clover, random graphic glitches, as it is, Im still not convinced it's not something im doing wrong. If I am doing it wrong Im doint it consistently wrong.

Hi
Theres lots to be looking at there, if you dont mind posting your config.plist (delete your serials first) Im interested in having a work thru if you are willing to play too.
Attached. I've happy to try whatever.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 151
Interesting that you say that. I recently updated to Mojave and things haven't been great.

Eli and Nick, you should be posting this Mojave troubleshooting in the new thread for Mojave so others using Mojave will see it there. So, Eli should post a summary of the problems with Mojave in that thread, then take it from there.

Last edited:
They work nearly as well with macOS High Sierra as the HP 8300s do. They are not as close to perfection running macOS as the HP models are. If you prefer the Dell brand, these Optiplex PCs are a good choice.
Is there a summary as to why these are not quite as good as the HP 8300?

The HP's may require less fiddling with to set up and the only significant difference I have found in use is the speed at which they awake - HP ~= 2 seconds, Dell 10 secs.

The HP's may require less fiddling with to set up and the only significant difference I have found in use is the speed at which they awake - HP ~= 2 seconds, Dell 10 secs.
OK thanks. Yep my HP wakes quick. Nice to have the "proper" ATX PSU in the Dell but not worth the change and extra hassle for me.

Is there a summary as to why these are not quite as good as the HP 8300?
No there isn't. It's just a generalization. If you buy one and test it out you'll probably reach the same conclusion. Most of the issues are just minor annoyances that don't present themselves when using the 8300 by HP. One example is all of the CMOS battery/black screen on boot issues you can read about in various posts. I've had those and others as well.

Last edited:
No there isn't. It's just a generalization. If you buy one and test it out you'll probably reach the same conclusion. Most of the issues are just minor annoyances that don't present themselves when using the 8300 by HP. One example is all of the CMOS battery/black screen on boot issues you can read about in various posts. I've had those and others as well.
Good enough for me. Will stick with the HP 8300 then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back