Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

My processor is a 3770 and there is a 3 on the cover. I can't watch appletv+ either
A 3 on the cover means that Intel ME is disabled and then integrated graphics won't work properly. There is a solution to that but it's rather complicated. Can you watch these things on your Z390 8700K system ?

A 3 on the cover means that Intel ME is disabled and then integrated graphics won't work properly. There is a solution to that but it's rather complicated. Can you watch these things on your Z390 8700K system ?

I don't want to use the integrated graphics. I just want to use the RX580, but Netflix and appletv+ wont work, is it because if the integrated graphics issue? Is there a way to make Catalina only use the RX580 and ignore the iGPU? and I could never get the z390 system to work with Hackintosh...

Last edited:
I don't want to use the integrated graphics. I just want to use the RX580, but Netflix and appletv+ wont work
First try adding shikigva=16 boot flag and then try out AppleTV+ to see if it will work.

First try adding shikigva=16 boot flag and then try out AppleTV+ to see if it will work.
Did not fix my AppleTV+, mine plays for a few seconds then crashes, I really don't care that much but I would like to be 100% working I hadn't even noticed as I never use it. Netflix working in Chromium based browsers.

Edit: I used shikigva=256 and now ATV+ works perfectly.

Last edited:
I used shikigva=256 and now ATV+ works perfectly.
My 9020 Optiplex with RX 570 requires shikigva=16 so it makes sense that it would be different for your Nvidia GT 710 graphics card. Congrats on your dumpster pulled Optiplex 7010 that now has Netflix and Apple TV+ working. That was quite a lucky day for you !

Last edited:
My 9020 Optiplex with RX 570 requires shikigva=16 so it makes sense that it would be different for your Nvidia GT 740 graphics card. Congrats on your dumpster pulled Optiplex 7010 that now has Netflix and Apple TV+ working. That was quite a lucky day for you !
Its a 710 actually, it wasn't a choice in the dropdown of the sig builder

Its a 710 actually, it wasn't a choice in the dropdown of the sig builder
You'd need to contact @adamsmasher who maintains that graphics card data base for this site.

@trs96,
I have a 7010 USFF with "3 ME Disabled", is there a guide to follow how to make it work with the integrated HD4000?
Thank you very much.

Back