Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

I'm sure you posted on the build too (finchyid)
See the iDiot's Guide to iMessage and follow those steps to get those things working.

Last edited:
Anyone tested with latest 10.15.4 update?

You could experiment with different system definitions and see if you can find one that works for your Xeon. Try out 13,2 or 14,2. Possibly even Mac Pro 6,1 since this is an Ivy bridge system.
Okay thank you very much!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 07.47.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 07.47.41.png
    468.3 KB · Views: 111
Hello!

Is it still an issue wich version of the Optiplex I have? I have one with "ME disabled".

Thank you.

Marco

Hello!

Is it still an issue wich version of the Optiplex I have? I have one with "ME disabled".

Thank you.

Marco
Nothing has changed. It's still a problem but only when using integrated graphics. Do you have the USFF model ?

Nothing has changed. It's still a problem but only when using integrated graphics. Do you have the USFF model ?

The one I ordered is the SFF Model, so a graphic card should fit in, but I have some issues finding some valuable one here in Germany, so I wanted tu use the HD4000 first. I read, that the Nvidia 710/730 would run, but "not for long" and the recommended AMD (I do not know actually wich model) are hard to find or very expensive. And I do not want to put in something that is only slightly better than the HD4000. Or is it ok to go with the Nvidia?

Or is it ok to go with the Nvidia?
It's certainly easier to do that. As far as future support goes, there may be workarounds for compatibility. Some people are currently using Nvidia cards from 2009/10 with Catalina even though they aren't officially supported at all. A GT710 came out in 2014 so it's 4 years newer.

Last edited:
The one I ordered is the SFF Model, so a graphic card should fit in, but I have some issues finding some valuable one here in Germany, so I wanted tu use the HD4000 first. I read, that the Nvidia 710/730 would run, but "not for long" and the recommended AMD (I do not know actually wich model) are hard to find or very expensive. And I do not want to put in something that is only slightly better than the HD4000. Or is it ok to go with the Nvidia?
China can buy half height gtx650, but it is also a long-standing product, and then you can buy rx560, although rx560 is produced by some small brands. These are the two best choices that don't need to be driven.(sff)

Back