Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

So in the BIOS settings under video, "is it set to auto or to Intel graphics?"and what type of CPU?
I tried all options, first like the guide setting to AMD or GT after, because don't work, i change to auto.
The CPU is an i7 3770.
The optiplex's 7010 that i have are two, a Desktop and a SFF both whith same CPU. I tried witht graphics cards before and after change the BIOS 3 ME Disable to 1.
The graphics cards works whithout problem on my HP 8300 SFF.
Thanks

Yes that's odd, usually the Nvidia GT 710 works with everything. I've heard of XFX AMD RX 5xx cards don't work with MAC OS for some reason. i7-3770 is a great CPU for your build. What version is your BIOS A29?

I've used this guide and my Hackintosh is great.
How can I upgrade Clover? What version and what option should I choose?

How can I upgrade Clover? What version and what option should I choose?
Why upgrade Clover ? If everything is working leave it at the current version.
A bootloader is not like macOS software that constantly gets updated. It's fine to keep using what you have now.

I'm not up to date what kind of gfx cards are up to date, what is supported in 10.15.7 or not, but I want to thank the OP for the guide. It saved my lazy bum.
However, I have the 7010 SFF with the i7 and I love this machine, upgraded it to 32GB Ram, but the HD4000 GPU is kind of facing it's limits. I need to do some video editing (just 1080p, working with DaVinci 16) for university and therefore tried to look into low profile gfx that fit the SFF case. I once read the 4GB 1050ti Low Profile would be perfect, but is not supported under 10.15.7 anymore. Is that correct? Which other card would you recommend for simple video editing and maybe playing a game sometimes? Is there a list or something else I just could see? TIA! :)

Which other card would you recommend for simple video editing and maybe playing a game sometimes? Is there a list or something else I just could see?
There are two LP AMD cards that will work but they cost 200 dollars or more. The Nvidia cards that work are lower end and don't cost as much but the performance is no where near to what you'll get with the AMD options. Those are Polaris based and much newer than the 2012/13 Kepler based Nvidia cards.

Here's the two AMD cards that work: https://www.newegg.com/amd-100-506008/p/N82E16814105067

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WHF289F/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The best choice from Nvidia Kepler LP cards that still have support is the Quadro NVS 510 2GB.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084M1XS6B/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
ssdt aml for my Intel i7 3770s

What should I do with the generated ssdt.dsl ?

Attachments

• i7-3770s.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 46
I'm not up to date what kind of gfx cards are up to date, what is supported in 10.15.7 or not, but I want to thank the OP for the guide. It saved my lazy bum.
However, I have the 7010 SFF with the i7 and I love this machine, upgraded it to 32GB Ram, but the HD4000 GPU is kind of facing it's limits. I need to do some video editing (just 1080p, working with DaVinci 16) for university and therefore tried to look into low profile gfx that fit the SFF case. I once read the 4GB 1050ti Low Profile would be perfect, but is not supported under 10.15.7 anymore. Is that correct? Which other card would you recommend for simple video editing and maybe playing a game sometimes? Is there a list or something else I just could see? TIA! :)
For sure Nvidia GT 710 GK208 variant) is working, but is entry-level...
It's cheap and working, also Low profile and often Stock.
Get a 64-bit version with DDR5.

I really a supply problem with graphic cards. Very few available and ATI is really expensive.

Hey, has someone managed to install Big Sur on this machine?
I don't understand open core at all...
(Currently running OSX 10.15.6 with clover 5122 which is quite old...)

Hey, has someone managed to install Big Sur on this machine?
I don't understand open core at all...
(Currently running OSX 10.15.6 with clover 5122 which is quite old...)
Yes, I have. Works just fine but you do need to make some changes.

OpenCore is different but not so different. There is a thread for these machines in the Big Sur Desktop Guide sub forum, so check it out there. I found it easy to do manually - downloading the latest OpenCore folder, backing up the old, and copying the latest files over. Then I needed to redo my config file. It actually worked fairly smoothly.

Back