Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

If you guys get authorizations for international donations, then I will be the first to buy you a cup of coffee.
Cheers from Japan. :)
Creating a Paypal acct. is another option. You can link a bank acct. to that or use debit/credit too.

Creating a Paypal acct. is another option. You can link a bank acct. to that or use debit/credit too.
@LoveAppleTimmu
I'm not familiar with how PayPal works in Japan. Have you contacted PayPal to inquire about this issue ? That would be the first thing I would do. You may simply need to verify your account or something else. Not sure why a modern developed country would not let you use their service.

Edit: Looks like you can use Xoom to send money internationally if you want to donate. Paypal now owns Xoom. Go to their site at www.xoom.com Possibly download the Xoom app on your smartphone.

Last edited:
If you guys get authorizations for international donations, then I will be the first to buy you a cup of coffee.
Cheers from Japan. :)
We got international donations all the time. Are you using your PayPal account or some other method thru PayPal? If it's other they could be blocking it.

I may contact PayPal about this. However, The problem does not appear to be with my account. The error message (attached) specifically reads that TonyMac’s PayPal account is not able to receive donations from my region (Japan). Thanks again for the lovely guide, in any case. Cheers.

Attachments

• 0137CA04-9762-4A85-9527-D9CBC31B9C6D.jpeg
    0137CA04-9762-4A85-9527-D9CBC31B9C6D.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 49
Just as a footnote: I was bored one night and I have a Dell OptiPlex 3040 SFF laying around the shop, so I use this exact method to install Catalina on the 3040. It installed pretty much flawlessly with the exception of I couldn't get the audio to work and when shutting down from the desktop it does a "restart", rather than a shutdown.

Computer:
Dell OptiPlex 3040 SFF
CPU: i3-6100 six generation
Memory: 8 GB DDR 3L 1600
HDD: Kingston 120 GB SSD
Video card Redeon HD 6450

Last edited:
It installed pretty much flawlessly with the exception of I couldn't get the audio to work and when shutting down from the desktop it does a "restart", rather than a shutdown.
Here's a guide thats a better fit for your system. Use the integrated graphics HD530 instead of the AMD card.

Here's a guide thats a better fit for your system. Use the integrated graphics HD530 instead of the AMD card.
Thank you!

ya that system is different, it has 7th gen cpu and the B250 chipset. I have 6th gen & H110 chipset, I added the SSDT-EC & SSDT-plug in for the Skylake and some SMC kext and all good now. I also got the bluetooth working si I have audio now.

Hi, i have a problem with a graphics card on optiplex 7010 desktop and i would know if someone could help me. I maked the install with the archives of the guide and all works great but when i put a dedicated graphics card like zotac GT 710 2 gb DDR3 or MSI RX 560 the system don‘t start rebooting and fail. If i remove the graphics card the system start without problem. What is wrong?

Thanks.

PD: the BIOS is loaded by default whith the changes indicated in the guide.

Hi, i have a problem with a graphics card on optiplex 7010 desktop and i would know if someone could help me. I maked the install with the archives of the guide and all works great but when i put a dedicated graphics card like zotac GT 710 2 gb DDR3 or MSI RX 560 the system don‘t start rebooting and fail. If i remove the graphics card the system start without problem. What is wrong?
So in the BIOS settings under video, "is it set to auto or to Intel graphics?"and what type of CPU?

Back