Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

Great tutorial. I followed your instruction to install catalina on optiplex 7010 with i7. Everything work smoothly but one small problem on boot always starting from recovery and not from catalina HD. Do you know what i missed? Thanks again

Great tutorial. I followed your instruction to install catalina on optiplex 7010 with i7. Everything work smoothly but one small problem on boot always starting from recovery and not from catalina HD. Do you know what i missed? Thanks again
Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator and change the default boot volume to the name of your HD.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

I have installed Catalina on my Dell 7010 according to the guiding of "trs96" but CPU is intel core i3 3220 HD 2500. Then, everything works well (graphic, internet, ), but it is usually freeze when I working with some stuffs - mostly safari -> then I have to manual power of my PC . There is no interaction/happened but mouse is still can moving.

Could anyone teach me how to deal or fix this bug? I know that this CPU is not recommended for this Hackintosh, but I still want to try. Thank you very much.

since it is not a bug, therefore there is nothing to fix

random system UI freezing, you may, replace the CPU with HD4000 iGPU, or add a compatible discrete GPU

GT1 based iGPU HD2500 =/= GT2 based iGPU HD4000, OSX/macOS only partially support HD2500

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 13.10.56.png

don't waste the time to discuss how to make HD2500 work, full stop.

I am attempting to install Catalina and then put it on an NVME drive with an Optiplex 7010/i7-3770/HD4000, and while I have been able to do so, the boot time for a boot from either SSD or NVME is much longer than it is on my Mojave 9020. It is taking about 73 seconds to go from the Clover boot prompt to the welcome screen with either the SSD or NVME compared to about 23 seconds with the Mojave NVME. What is likely to be wrong, or does Catalina just take that much longer to boot?

It is taking about 73 seconds to go from the Clover boot prompt to the welcome screen with either the SSD or NVME compared to about 23 seconds with the Mojave NVME. What is likely to be wrong, or does Catalina just take that much longer to boot?
For a boot from an NVME or SSD drive it shouldn't take over 30 seconds. Check to see if you still have debug enabled in your config.plist.

Debug not checked per Configurator, even put a debug /false command in the config.plist after seeing that suggestion in this thread.

I looked at the verbose boot log for the 7010 as compared to the 7020. There are two major areas of delay that do not occur with the 7020.

1) At about 15 seconds, the "Ethernet [IntelMausi] Link up on en0" line comes up and sits there for about 25 seconds. There is no further lines of confirmation like I see rapidly for Mojave; it moves on to GTrace synchronization point 3.
The IntelMausiEthernet kext is located in the CLOVER\kexts\other folder.

2) After three GTrace lines, the boot log stops at"Adding AGDP mode validate property" and sits for another twenty-something seconds, followed bys omething beginning with "AGDCC: Unauthorized client 'PerfpowerService' followed shortly thereafter by DRM Status: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem, then followed by the welcome screen.

This 7010 had had a successful SSD install of Mojave.

The same thing happens in both the pure SSD and SSD/NVME iterations.

since it is not a bug, therefore there is nothing to fix

random system UI freezing, you may, replace the CPU with HD4000 iGPU, or add a compatible discrete GPU

GT1 based iGPU HD2500 =/= GT2 based iGPU HD4000, OSX/macOS only partially support HD2500

View attachment 472040

don't waste the time to discuss how to make HD2500 work, full stop.
Thank you very much Bro.

Did a new installation with a different installation file (10/.5.5 vs 10.15.4), different USB drive, different SSD. Same result.

At about 20 seconds into the boot, the screen pauses here for twenty-something seconds:

IMG_20200529_202700.jpg

It pauses for around the same time again at “AGDP” and here is what the screen looks like at about 1:10 just prior to opening the welcome screen.

IMG_20200529_203141.jpg

Debug is not checked per Clovis Configurator. I’ve cleared NVRAM and rebuilt kextcaches; there are no Hackintosh files in /Library/Extensions. I have attached copies of zipped Clover and Problem Reporting Files.

My problem seem similar to that faced by AlanJB132 around February 20 and he was told to stick to Mojave at that time. I have two questions:

For anyone else who has done this (fresh install. i7-3770, HD4000, SSD), what are your boot times from the point of the Clover boot? Is it something like 20-30 seconds, or is it over a minute? If the latter, should that be noted in the installation instructions?

Thanks for any assistance you can render.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
  • 13232.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Soon as I hit the boot screen of Clover it's less then 12/15 seconds to my login screen. This is a basic kingston 128SSD. Followed TRS instructions to a T, and never had an issue.

Back