Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Install Catalina/Mojave on Dell 7040 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HungTD

Thank you for the guide, this helped me alot with a Dell Precision Tower 3620,
before reading this guide i was getting all sorts of issues. This worked great.

Thanks again

How could you activate the audio, in line input?

NVMe worked for me out of the box on Mojave. I have yet to try Catalina on this box (7040MT). I've had some issues with the computer not waking from screen timeout (well, waking to a black display I). I can get it back if I vnc into the computer and change the rotation of the screen 90 degrees. This gets the HDMI output to fire up and then I just switch it back to the correct rotation again and I'm good. It happens every once in a while when I've been away from the computer for several days. Otherwise it runs like a champ. I haven't used the audio line-in but last time I checked it shows up in the audio section of system prefs so I think it works. I'm not sure if something has changed in Catalina but I posted last year about the audio layout id needing to be uncommented in the clover config file. I think I'm going to setup a 7040 micro or SFF next with Catalina or Big Sur.

I has install Catalina on Optiplex 7040, i7 6700. Ethernet ok, Video 1.5GB ok, sound via HDMI or Bluetooth. In few time I will share my EFI with Clover. And bios variables set.

I has install Catalina on Optiplex 7040, i7 6700. Ethernet ok, Video 1.5GB ok, sound via HDMI or Bluetooth. In few time I will share my EFI with Clover. And bios variables set.

here is it.

The following variables need to be updated:

.UEFI Variables will lose after set BOIS to factory default, first do it to be sure.

Variable Offset Default value Desired value Comment
CFG Lock 0xAF 0x01 (Enabled) 0x00 (Disabled) Disable CFG Lock to prevent MSR 0x02 errors on boot.
DVMT Pre-allocation 0x350 0x01 (32M) 0x04 (128M) Increase DVMT pre-allocated size to 128M.

Attachments

• EFI-7040-CATALINA-STABLE.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 282
I have just installed successful on my Dell 7040 SFF after 2 days. I read many post about this then have a solution to install. Here is the step that i do to install:
1) Setting BIOS for Hackintosh.
2) Make USB bootable for Catalina:
- Use "gibMacOS-master" to download Catalina setup file.
- Use "Unibeat" to make USB.
- Use "colver configurator" to mount EFI folder on USB. Just delete it and replace with my folder.
3) Install Catalina on your destop.
4) Use "colver configurator" to mount EFI folder on your hardisk. Just delete it and replace with the folder on USB.
Thank you for EFI ! Altough intel video stuck at 3MB ram no QE/CI ;(

Thank you for EFI ! Altough intel video stuck at 3MB ram no QE/CI ;(

First up: Please update your hardware Profile to show us exactly what hardware you are using. It helps others to help you. And it's a part of the Site Rules. Thank you. :thumbup:

Secondly: An Asus motherboard is not obviously a Dell 7040 Desktop machine. Without more information it is not possible to give you useful advice.

If you have a problem with a Dell 7040, put that in your Profile, otherwise please post a new thread in a Support forum for your version of macOS or Graphics.

Thank you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back