Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Install Catalina/Mojave on Dell 7040 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96
I've tried your EFI with this 7040MT with Mojave and although graphics work (with 1.5GB ram), sound, ethernet and USB patching does not. I got the USB sorted but still not having luck with the sound or ethernet stuff. I updated to the latest Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen.

One Clover injection question I have still to understand is... Why/when do I need to install to /L/E AND to CLOVER/kexts/Other? Shouldn't most/all of this work by injecting via CLover alone?

I've tried installing (with multibeast) the audio stuff to /L/E but still no worky.

The config.plist is set for injecting kexts. They won't work when in /L/E. Install kexts to Clover/kexts/other. Remove all third party kexts from /L/E and rebuild caches then reboot.

For reference, the default macOS Catalina /Library/Extensions from a clean installation:

ACS6x.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext

Last edited:
Done. But still no change.
Adding IntelMausiEthernet.kext makes the built-in ethernet work.

Done. But still no change.
Adding IntelMausiEthernet.kext makes the built-in ethernet work.
If you still have audio problems when using the config.plist provided I have no idea why. Post in the audio forum for help with that.

Quick follow-up. I think what's missing for the built-in audio is that the layout-id property was commented out. I erased the hash at the beginning and walla, I have an input and output in the audio prefs.

I still don't have HDMI audio.

Attachments

• device_audio_built-in.jpg
    device_audio_built-in.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 205
Quick follow-up. I think what's missing for the built-in audio is that the layout-id property was commented out. I erased the hash at the beginning and walla, I have an input and output in the audio prefs.

I still don't have HDMI audio.
Post in audio support to get help. I don't own one of these so I don't know what you'll need for HDMI audio to work.

I wasn't trying to hijack the thread, but instead to provide some extra info for other people looking for EFI solutions for the 7040MT.

I also found that the HDMI audio issue is just a matter of un-commenting some framebuffer stuff that was already in your (trs96) EFI that was posted earlier in this thread. I poked around with Hackintool a bit and figured out that the HDMI output on this box is CON1. So, I un-commented the 4 lines relating to that and I now have HDMI audio.

Next up, power issues. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Attachments

• HDMI_audio_framebufferlines.jpg
    HDMI_audio_framebufferlines.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
@chmedly I'm having problems with the USB 3 and sound as well. How you was able to resolve that? Any help will be appreciate.

My computer: Dell 7040 SFF, Catalina installed using a Nvidia GT 710.

Try to hackintosh my 7040 micro (i5-6500t) but I can not seem to get past the first hurdle. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 0E5052C8-AB13-4295-8D5C-D2DBAD402607_1_105_c.jpeg
    0E5052C8-AB13-4295-8D5C-D2DBAD402607_1_105_c.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 147
I just finished mapping the USB ports for the DELL 7040 SFF. I will post the mapping image and the USBPorts.kext. You have to remove USBInjectAll.kext from the Kext folder.

Attachments

• Dell-Optiplex-7040-Mapping.jpg
    Dell-Optiplex-7040-Mapping.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 206
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back