Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Big Sur on the Dell Optiplex 9010 with OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the NVRAM section? How in the world, why in the heck did I put under the delete table in ACPI? That was some kind of careless error. Thank you for noticing that.

Brain fart.....

In the NVRAM section? How in the world, why in the heck did I put under the delete table? That was some kind of careless error. Thank you for noticing that.
Don't be too hard on yourself, I have seen a lot worse! :)

Attached is the EFI for i7 Optiplex 7010 DT that enables perfect USB 3, mostly perfect sleep/wake, etc. with opencore and Big Sur. The changes that @Feartech suggested are in the EFI now. If someone wants to try or tweak this EFI for your own system, you will have to enter UUID, Serial number, MLB, and ROM in the platform info section.

Everything works very well just like before and now the format is all totally proper (I hope). Thank you, Feartech!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Attached is the EFI for i7 Optiplex 7010 DT that enables perfect USB 3, sleep/wake, etc. with opencore and Big Sur. The changes that @Feartech suggested are in the EFI now. If someone wants to try or tweak this EFI for your own system, you will have to enter UUID, Serial number in the platform info section.

Everything works perfectly just like before and now the format is all totally proper (I hope). Thank you, Feartech!
Thanks, I installed with the original files, and modified with yours on an i7 Optiplex 9010 - now I have 3 out of 4 USB3 ports working in Big Sur 11.6.6

- how can I map the non working USB3 port? I used iMac14,4 instead of MacPro6,1 from my previous config.
- DRM does not seem to be working with the internal GPU - is it even possible with HD4000?
- Your EFI is an upgrade from 0.6.4 to 0.7.X so I followed the upgrade guide for disabling bootstrap and resetting nvram. I don't know if it's required

Attached is the EFI for i7 Optiplex 7010 DT that enables perfect USB 3
Just a note on your config.plist. Would be best if you remove the MLB and ROM data so that others don't use your EFI without changing those to their own unique values for their hardware.

Screen Shot.jpg

Just a note on your config.plist. Would be best if you remove the MLB and ROM data so that others don't use your EFI without changing those to their own unique values for their hardware.
Thank you for pointing that out. :)

I lost Bluetooth when I updated to 11.6.6. I'm using a fenvi FV-T919. The chipset is BCM94360, which is still supported. Other specs to the left and in signature.

If I reset the NVRAM, bluetooth will return and the hardware information will be correctly displayed in the [system information] window, but then on the next boot, both bluetooth functionality and bluetooth hardware in system information disappear. I have to reset the nvram again to get it back, but then it disappears again after the next boot. Weird. What should I be looking at / adjusting to fix this?

Last edited:
CFG lock. If your AppleCpuPmCfgLock config.plist setting is set to no, change it to yes.
Thanks for your response. It is already set to true. I wonder what is causing this from 11.6.5 to 11.6.6. I am using Opencore 0.7.6. Could updating to the latest version of opencore help solve this?

Attachments

• 3545E115-91B7-45AB-8187-EDDE329E6840.png
    3545E115-91B7-45AB-8187-EDDE329E6840.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 45
Attached is the EFI for i7 Optiplex 7010 DT that enables perfect USB 3, mostly perfect sleep/wake, etc. with opencore and Big Sur. The changes that @Feartech suggested are in the EFI now. If someone wants to try or tweak this EFI for your own system, you will have to enter UUID, Serial number, MLB, and ROM in the platform info section.

Everything works very well just like before and now the format is all totally proper (I hope). Thank you, Feartech!
it works very well for me except that my Nvidia Geforce 760 graphics card is only recognized in PCIE 8X and not 16X yet on linux and windows recognized in 16X can someone help me with this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back