i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for the quick answer.
I will try it. The bad about HP is that the are using DP (DisplayPort) instead of HDMI; but I will retrieve and DP to VGA adaptor. In the Settings/Displays I don't have the external monitor, only the build in Display.
So how it detects the external?

Thank you.

Nothing wrong with DP. I wish more laptops had DP instead of HDMI.

For VGA, you need to have the patch and you need to press the "Detect Displays" button.

Even then, it might not work. As I noted before, it is not reliable and I don't recommend it. Better to do without the VGA patch and use an adapter.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]
So far everything works except couple of things.

* After Hibernate or sleep / closing lid the screen does not comes back, i have to restart, i tried:[I]sudo pmset[/I][COLOR=#000000] -a [/COLOR][I][COLOR=#000000]hibernatemode 0 with no result[/COLOR][/quote]

It is probably a backlight issue.  From your ioreg, backlight control probably needs patches.  You will need to do the research.  I have no Radeon hardware here.

[quote]
I am getting a software update called Macbook Pro EFI FIrmware update 2.7, i did update it but it keeps appearing any way to get rid of that update?[/quote]

Update both Clover and FakeSMC.  Also, it could have something to do with the BIOS version you have in your config.plist/SMBIOS section.

Motherboard
probbok 650g1
CPU
i5
Graphics
intel
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is there anyway i can share the computer with you to run all test you need or that's not possible. :clap:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is there anyway i can share the computer with you to run all test you need or that's not possible. :clap:

No. I'm not familiar with Radeon (no such hardware here). And not planning to do any work on it, as I don't tend to purchase such hardware.

You should probably do some research...

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
After successfully updated from Yosemite to El Capitan I decide to reinstall HP Probook Installer.

AND I "accidentally" hit the fix EDID box. Consequence, right after the apple logo the screen goes funny black. :confused:

I believe the EDID to be the problem. As I can't see anything, can't get the troubleshooting files and I'm a bit worried as I've got some files in there. Tried some researching but nothing found!

Any idea?
Thanks everyone for the awesome work!!! :thumbup:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After successfully updated from Yosemite to El Capitan I decide to reinstall HP Probook Installer.

AND I "accidentally" hit the fix EDID box. Consequence, right after the apple logo the screen goes funny black. :confused:

I believe the EDID to be the problem. As I can't see anything, can't get the troubleshooting files and I'm a bit worried as I've got some files in there. Tried some researching but nothing found!

Any idea?
Thanks everyone for the awesome work!!! :thumbup:

Boot from USB. Fix the problem. Boot from HDD...

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi, RehabMan. Thanks.

Sorry. I'm a bit confused. What should I boot from USB? An version of OSx or reinstalling following the guide?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, RehabMan. Thanks.

Sorry. I'm a bit confused. What should I boot from USB? An version of OSx or reinstalling following the guide?

Boot your main partition with the USB, just as you did during installation before you installed Clover to your HDD.

Your bad EDID choice is in the config.plist on the HDD. Your USB doesn't have that bad choice in its config.plist.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Boot your main partition with the USB, just as you did during installation before you installed Clover to your HDD.

Your bad EDID choice is in the config.plist on the HDD. Your USB doesn't have that bad choice in its config.plist.

WOW!!! Great man, thanks!!
I'll do it! :thumbup:

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Worked like a charm.. I own you a lorry full of beer. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.