Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i3 2130
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Will work on HP EliteBook 2540p, too?
I read supported laptops in beginning of guide, but I want to know my laptop will work or not..

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

A simple question on step 6: it says "If you used step 2a, please continue, the installer will extract necessary files to USB (not your target partition). This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.)"

It says please continue. Do I need to select the CloverUSB to install to, or the newly formatted drive?

HP 2570P, installing El Capitan

Second time around you'll again be booting to the USB installer. It is covered in the guide.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Will work on HP EliteBook 2540p, too?
I read supported laptops in beginning of guide, but I want to know my laptop will work or not..

No. I believe 2540p is pre-Sandy Bridge.

Motherboard
Intel Notebook
CPU
Core i5 6200u
Graphics
HD
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What exactly are you doing? Please provide details.

I used the manual on the first Page (Procedure to update from Yosemite to El Capitan.). Last PBI Ce was installed without problem, BrcmPatchRAM.kext was removed.
After it I download the El Capitan update from AppStore and the install requiere restart. When my PC boot i see 3 opinion. I selected the new one opinion. After it I get the few windows with agree the terms and etc, and after it I got the error

Attachments

• IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 62

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used the manual on the first Page (Procedure to update from Yosemite to El Capitan.). Last PBI Ce was installed without problem, BrcmPatchRAM.kext was removed.
After it I download the El Capitan update from AppStore and the install requiere restart. When my PC boot i see 3 opinion. I selected the new one opinion. After it I get the few windows with agree the terms and etc, and after it I got the error

Create a USB and install with the USB instead.

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 2570p-Clover
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks a million for the guide. Got a 90% working laptop. It will be 100? when my wifi card comes in.

Motherboard
Mac Pro
CPU
Intel core i7 720
Graphics
Saphire 4780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew if USB 3.0 will ever work on 6 series probooks? Before I install it, because that is a deal breaker for me.

Is this a problem that is permanent or is a solution in the pipe. And if anyone knows if this is a problem with 10.11 ( ie: it sees the 6 series as a macbook that it no longer allows USB 3.0 or something like that)or with hacking the 6 series.

Also I have never had a problem I could not solve by reading these guides and threads. Thanks everyone involved for the great work.

Thanks to the hard work of others I have never had to post or ask. But this I can't solve. I have 3 probooks and a desktop. I am still with 10.9 because I can't get qe/ci to work in any of the 3 laptops, all 3 have HD3000 and are 6 series ( 1x I5 and 2x I3's ). Does anyone know if a guide is out there to solve this. I use clover uefi.

Thanks in advance.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew if USB 3.0 will ever work on 6 series probooks? Before I install it, because that is a deal breaker for me.

Currently no solution.

Sorry... Not able to predict the future.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything working now on HP 2570p except the little joystick which I don't care about—More complete than my other hackintosh.

BUT... I can't access the bios setup: HP 2570p. It goes straight to clover. Esc, F9, F10, nothing works at start-up—even after exiting clover. The catch 22 is I probably need to get to the bios to fix this. I think the bios was set to boot hybrid. I followed the bios setup instructions, checking off everything I could that was suggested.

Different Approach: When I removed the windows 8 legacy HDD that was in the HP originally, I couldn't get to the boot options screen to choose the install USB stick. To get around that, I did the following:

From My other Hackintosh:
Carbon Copied my other Hack to a new SSD for the HP.
Reformatted new SSD, which left an empty EFI partition.
Installed OS x from the usb installer (from this guide) onto the new SSD.
Moved the EFI and config from this guide into the new EFI partition
Copied PBI to the new SSD

On the HP 2570p:
Put in the new SSD and booted to a working desktop
Ran PBI Rebooted and Voila!
Used Kext Wizard to rebiuld cache and repair permissions.
Everything is great but can't access the bios.

SOLVED: I win the idiot award. Switched drives to Windows 8, opened bios settings, Boot options/turn off Fast Boot.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ready to install Windows 7, UEFI. I have created an OS X Extended partition and read steps.

Is it necessary to create a windows install USB or can I just use my Windows install CD?

HP 2570p

Status
Not open for further replies.