1. iOS
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G1 (Clover)
CPU
i5-4200M
Graphics
HD 4600, HD 8750M
Greetings.
I successfully installed EI Capitan and it's running smoothly. However, I need help in identifying the app that will enable me use USB Tethering.

I normally use HoRNDIS USB driver on Yosemite. Unfortunately, this is not working with OS X 10.11 (EI Capitan) confirmed by the developer.

Please link me to the one that can work with EI Capitan if you know.

Thank you.

Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G1 (Clover)
CPU
i5-4200M
Graphics
HD 4600, HD 8750M
Greetings.
I successfully installed EI Capitan and it's running smoothly. However, I need help in identifying the app that will enable me use USB Tethering.

I normally use HoRNDIS USB driver on Yosemite. Unfortunately, this is not working with OS X 10.11 (EI Capitan) confirmed by the developer.

Please link me to the one that can work with EI Capitan if you know.

Thank you.
Is like there's no solution for this now. I guess I have to rollback to Yosemite, for the only option to Internet for me is USB Tethering.

Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi robsterno1
Thank you very much !

Other questions are :
1. after I installed El Capitan , I find that only one usb port work , the others does not work . I have checked the efi files and the config.plist file . Now I installed the yosemite , the usb ports all works . I want to know how to solve this problem ?
2 . When I lid the laptop , and unlip the laptop , the screen of the laptop keeps black . I tried many ways to solve this problem , but failed . Pls help me. Because I usually use external screen not screen of laptop to work . I want to lid the laptop when I use the external screen .
3. How to lock screen (not log out)by keyboard shortcuts ? (just like in Windows : win key + L key)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi robsterno1
Thank you very much !

Other questions are :
1. after I installed El Capitan , I find that only one usb port work , the others does not work . I have checked the efi files and the config.plist file . Now I installed the yosemite , the usb ports all works . I want to know how to solve this problem ?
2 . When I lid the laptop , and unlip the laptop , the screen of the laptop keeps black . I tried many ways to solve this problem , but failed . Pls help me. Because I usually use external screen not screen of laptop to work . I want to lid the laptop when I use the external screen .
3. How to lock screen (not log out)by keyboard shortcuts ? (just like in Windows : win key + L key)

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4740s (Clover)
CPU
i5-3210M/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I can not understand:
1. CsrActiveConfig is needed to turn off SIP. Why do I need BooterConfig??
kext-dev-mode=1 & rootless=0 do not work in the final version of the OS 10.11. Why do they need??
3. If I get right:
- kexts of Clover at the working SIP successfully loaded
- Binary patches kexts of Clover - also work at the working SIP
- When the SIP is ON it is not possible to install kexts in system directory and change system kexts manually. To do this (if necessary SIP), I must first disable SIP, and install the necessary kexts and turn SIP again?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can not understand:
1. CsrActiveConfig is needed to turn off SIP. Why do I need BooterConfig??

There is little docs on BooterConfig. The values comes from how csrutil affects these variables.

2. kext-dev-mode=1 & rootless=0 do not work in the final version of the OS 10.11. Why do they need??

No need for either in 10.11 -- they will have no effect. But the files and PBI are used for systems other than final 10.11.

3. If I get right:
- kexts of Clover at the working SIP successfully loaded

No idea what that means.

- Binary patches kexts of Clover - also work at the working SIP

Nothing to do with SIP.

- When the SIP is ON it is not possible to install kexts in system directory and change system kexts manually. To do this (if necessary SIP), I must first disable SIP, and install the necessary kexts and turn SIP again?

SIP must be disabled whenever you wish to modify certain system files, install unsigned kexts, etc.

It must also be disabled whenever the system decides to rebuild kernel cache.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4740s (Clover)
CPU
i5-3210M/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
There is little docs on BooterConfig. The values comes from how csrutil affects these variables.

No need for either in 10.11 -- they will have no effect. But the files and PBI are used for systems other than final 10.11.

No idea what that means.

Nothing to do with SIP.

SIP must be disabled whenever you wish to modify certain system files, install unsigned kexts, etc.

It must also be disabled whenever the system decides to rebuild kernel cache.

Thank you.

Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi , RehabMan
I have updated the profile. my laptop hardware information is following
Mobo: HP elitebook G820 (Clover)
CPU: i5-4200U
Graphics: HD4400, 1600x900(in fact , I use 1920x1080 as my screen resolution , but there is no1920x1080 config.plist and no 1920x1080 driver , so I choose 1600x900 files )

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi , RehabMan
I have updated the profile. my laptop hardware information is following
Mobo: HP elitebook G820 (Clover)
CPU: i5-4200U
Graphics: HD4400, 1600x900(in fact , I use 1920x1080 as my screen resolution , but there is no1920x1080 config.plist and no 1920x1080 driver , so I choose 1600x900 files )

For USB you need a port injector.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.