Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install 10.11 on HP EliteBook/ProBook/others with Clover UEFI

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am newbie to this forum. It is my first attempt to install OSX to my laptop. Elitebook 8470p boots OSX 10.11.2 fine from Clover USB (no sound although LAN and Wifi work) but stuck at Apple logo with the progress bar near the end.

I would like to post my problem with logs as the other poster :

Attached Files

I know where to get to Clover stuff. How would I find the other stuff you experts need? In particular, ioreg is new to me. I can make Clover to boot in verbose mode as it boots from HDD. Where is the log for the verbose output, bear in mind that next time I boot using USB drive, the log may be wiped.

Many thanks.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am newbie to this forum. It is my first attempt to install OSX to my laptop. Elitebook 8470p boots OSX 10.11.2 fine from Clover USB (no sound although LAN and Wifi work) but stuck at Apple logo with the progress bar near the end.

I would like to post my problem with logs as the other poster :

Attached Files

I know where to get to Clover stuff. How would I find the other stuff you experts need? In particular, ioreg is new to me. I can make Clover to boot in verbose mode as it boots from HDD. Where is the log for the verbose output, bear in mind that next time I boot using USB drive, the log may be wiped.

Many thanks.

Chris
Boot without caches, then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Boot without caches, then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Thank you for helping. It is appreciated.

My problem (and messages) is similar to screenshots in the link in post 2117 - mine stucks after some lines of

IOCTL not recognised: 221 out of 236
Sound assertion in AappleHDADriver at line XXXX

I did try using -f (Boot without cache) argument to boot. And it is still stuck (wait over 15 minutes) at the same place. Namely, boot from HDD always fails. Let me know if it makes sense to "boot without caches" using USB drive to boot.

In the link you advised the poster to update Clover first. Boot still stucks before and after Clover is updated.

Let me know what logs you need. Thanks.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for helping. It is appreciated.

My problem (and messages) is similar to screenshots in the link in post 2117 - mine stucks after some lines of

IOCTL not recognised: 221 out of 236
Sound assertion in AappleHDADriver at line XXXX

I did try using -f (Boot without cache) argument to boot. And it is still stuck (wait over 15 minutes) at the same place. Namely, boot from HDD always fails. Let me know if it makes sense to "boot without caches" using USB drive to boot.

In the link you advised the poster to update Clover first. Boot still stucks before and after Clover is updated.

Let me know what logs you need. Thanks.
Boot without caches is available from the Clover menu. Press space bar to access it.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Boot without caches is available from the Clover menu. Press space bar to access it.
Samt result - boot cannot complete.

I have also tried to boot from USB (only way to boot successfully). Then rebuild cache and reboot without USB. Still cannot boot.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Samt result - boot cannot complete.

I have also tried to boot from USB (only way to boot successfully). Then rebuild cache and reboot without USB. Still cannot boot.
Run the ProBook installer with correct options for your hardware.

Post output of 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal if you need help determining the correct options.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Run the ProBook installer with correct options for your hardware.

Post output of 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal if you need help determining the correct options.
Version HP Probook Installer 6.4.6

The options I use :

Clover UEFI
OS X Support kexts / 6x70b/8x70 AMD/nVidia
Config and DSDT patcher / 6x70b/8x70p AMD
Fan Behaviour / Reading Only
Display Type / 1600x900+
SSDT generator
Misc OS X fixes (none selected - all skipped)

I have attached the lspci output. I'll post again as text if it is not in this post

Thanks again for your patience and helping.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Version HP Probook Installer 6.4.6

The options I use :

Clover UEFI
OS X Support kexts / 6x70b/8x70 AMD/nVidia
Config and DSDT patcher / 6x70b/8x70p AMD
Fan Behaviour / Reading Only
Display Type / 1600x900+
SSDT generator
Misc OS X fixes (none selected - all skipped)

I have attached the lspci output. I'll post again as text if it is not in this post

Thanks again for your patience and helping.
AMD only experimental. No experience with it.

Make sure IntelBacklight.kext is not installed.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
AMD only experimental. No experience with it.

Make sure IntelBacklight.kext is not installed.
Would it help if I re-run Probook Installer and select the normal, without AMD 8x70p options? I picked the "normal" option at the start. Later, I thought the boot did not work because I picked the wrong option to patch because I forgot my laptop has an AMD chip in it. In a nutshell, I have tried both but I can produce the log for you.

Also, I think it is one of the patch extension that is causing the problem. If you will guide me what tool to run and collect what in order to troubleshoot my way out, it would be great.

If I run Probook installer again by picking the normal 8x70p option, do I need to run lspci again?

And thanks again.