CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is some really important information!!! I read the whole article again and there is no word about that directly. Also, I read that the option "rootless=0" and "kext-dev-mode" is not working for all people to disable SIP!!
You should read more carefully. rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode are not used in 10.11.

This needs to be added "MANUALLY!"
No. It is done automatically by PBI-CE.

First repair permission in TERMINAL! as Disk Utility in EL Capitan does not have that feature anymore!
Code:
sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
Generally, repair permissions not needed if you install kexts the correct way...

I've never used it in 10.11.

Please update this information in the Guide, otherwise a lot of people will ask the same question again xD
It is not my guide. The author is nguyenmac.

Had you followed the guide as written, you would have never had this problem.

Motherboard
Asus VX5 Notebook
CPU
Q9000
Graphics
GTX 260M
You should read more carefully. rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode are not used in 10.11.

No. It is done automatically by PBI-CE.

Generally, repair permissions not needed if you install kexts the correct way...

I've never used it in 10.11.

It is not my guide. The author is nguyenmac.

Had you followed the guide as written, you would have never had this problem.
@PBI-CE nope, it is not doing that on my device, did you see that on my config.plist? I had to write that manually, otherwise i would never get that audio working xD
@rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode, then why is PBI-CE enabling these options on my device/config.plist?

Whole mystery here, but it is working now ;)

Of Course, it is possible that I am just stupid to read xD

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@PBI-CE nope, it is not doing that on my device, did you see that on my config.plist? I had to write that manually, otherwise i would never get that audio working xD
You must have deleted it or otherwise edited it. Or you are using an old version of PBI-CE.

It has been in PBI-CE for a long time.

@rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode, then why is PBI-CE enabling these options on my device/config.plist?
rootless=0 was used for early betas of 10.11. It is a remnant... has no effect with released OS X.

kext-dev-mode is for versions prior to 10.11.

Motherboard
Asus VX5 Notebook
CPU
Q9000
Graphics
GTX 260M
You must have deleted it or otherwise edited it. Or you are using an old version of PBI-CE.

It has been in PBI-CE for a long time.
I am using PBI-CE 6.4.6 (newest release)

I think that the bad thing on my side could be Clover Configurator (maybe old version), I tested it and after setting something different in config.plist it deletes the RTVariables... Don't ask me why...

Anyways, I am so happy you and others helped me to solve this!!! Lets party *dance*

Motherboard
XPS 15 9530
CPU
i7-4712HQ
Graphics
nVidia 750M
Please help with video setting of my 8570w i7-3720qm with FirePro M4000. Using this guide, 10.11.2 works fine except that the notebook shows flicker when desktop picture changes. youtube video in full screen also blinking on top and bottom lines. My other 8570w with Nvidia K1000M works perfectly fine in 10.11.2.

Attached are some of files your experts normally requested. Thanks for your expertise.

Note: Windows CPUZ shows FirePro M4000 board manufacture as 0x103C(0x176B) where as About This Mac shows Vendor ATI (0x1002) Device ID 0x682d.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think that the bad thing on my side could be Clover Configurator (maybe old version), I tested it and after setting something different in config.plist it deletes the RTVariables... Don't ask me why...
As I suspected... you're deleting it.

You're using an old version of Clover Configurator. The SIP related support was added quite a while ago. Clover Configurator removes entries it doesn't directly support (bad design, I don't use it).

Glad you got it figured out...

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8470p (Clover)
CPU
Intel i7-3520M 2.90GHz/QM77
Graphics
AMD 7570m 1600x900
The LED does not indicate true power state. Ignore.
After toggling the wlan button option in bios a few times, it finally did something when pressing the physical button. It kernel panicked, but after rebooting wifi is now on! Now to look into the video issue and why it is using the 6xxx driver and not the 7xxx driver. Again rehabman your help greatly appreciated.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
After toggling the wlan button option in bios a few times, it finally did something when pressing the physical button. It kernel panicked, but after rebooting wifi is now on! Now to look into the video issue and why it is using the 6xxx driver and not the 7xxx driver. Again rehabman your help greatly appreciated.
I read somewhere that AMD plays games with model#s of mobile Radeon.

7xxx mobile is probably really 6xxx.

Motherboard
GA X58A-UD3R rev. 2, BIOS FH
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Like Kotek Besar (Post #348) I have the permanent beach ball when trying to upgrade my 4430s to El Capi. I don't want to do a clean install here because I will have to reinstall lots of software that the University no longer provides free of charge -and this includes some very expensive titles, like an Adobe CC license and video/sound editing software that costs much more than the laptop. There must be something about the old 6-series Probook hardware, because my wife's 6460b had exactly the same problem and required the fresh install. My son's 840 G1, on the other hand, upgraded flawlessly.

Has anyone figured out yet what is the issue with the upgrade problem of the old Probooks?

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Like Kotek Besar (Post #348) I have the permanent beach ball when trying to upgrade my 4430s to El Capi. I don't want to do a clean install here because I will have to reinstall lots of software that the University no longer provides free of charge -and this includes some very expensive titles, like an Adobe CC license and video/sound editing software that costs much more than the laptop. There must be something about the old 6-series Probook hardware, because my wife's 6460b had exactly the same problem and required the fresh install. My son's 840 G1, on the other hand, upgraded flawlessly.

Has anyone figured out yet what is the issue with the upgrade problem of the old Probooks?
Prepare USB per generic Clover guide. Upgrade using the USB.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html