Intel Core i5-3360m
Graphics
Intel HD4000, 1366x768
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Not sure what you propose extracting from it.

I think I've perhaps got confused when you said that PBI will no longer have the latest kexts, so I thought I'd need to extract them from any latest build.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think I've perhaps got confused when you said that PBI will no longer have the latest kexts, so I thought I'd need to extract them from any latest build.
No idea what you mean by that. What do you mean by 'latest build'?

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8570w/Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7-3630QM/QM77
Graphics
Nvidia K1000M 1920x1080
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Short update regarding Brightness control. I have been able to dim the screen by using a free app from the app store called Brightness Slider which is meant to be used on desktop Macs I believe. Maybe the laptop screen seems to be treated as a external monitor. Still not the perfect solution but its better than having to wear sunglasses.

Too bad it doesn't really control the backlight at all.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Too bad it doesn't really control the backlight at all.
Yup. It is not real backlight control. It creates a semi-transparent window over the whole screen such that alpha blending is used to change the colors.

It is definitely not real brightness control...

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
So i got another board which is fire brand new not even been used. Using the same CPU theres no MEI Controller. Im beginning to think its the CPU not the boards any ideas?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
So i got another board which is fire brand new not even been used. Using the same CPU theres no MEI Controller. Im beginning to think its the CPU not the boards any ideas?
Try different CPU.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 9470m - Clover
CPU
i5-3427U
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
I want to thank the community - I have a 99% functional el cap running on my 9470m!

I have one little issue with undocking from the docking station. It seems that the built-in screen doesn't like to switch back and forth between monitors in a gracefull way. IE: when docked it works fine, when I undock, I just have a grey screen. If I re-dock it works fine on the external monitor. If I undock and reboot, I have no problems working on the built-in display.

I can live with this I guess, but it would obviously be preferable to be able to switch between the built-in and the dock displays.

TIA!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I want to thank the community - I have a 99% functional el cap running on my 9470m!

I have one little issue with undocking from the docking station. It seems that the built-in screen doesn't like to switch back and forth between monitors in a gracefull way. IE: when docked it works fine, when I undock, I just have a grey screen. If I re-dock it works fine on the external monitor. If I undock and reboot, I have no problems working on the built-in display.

I can live with this I guess, but it would obviously be preferable to be able to switch between the built-in and the dock displays.

TIA!
Docks are in rare use. Maybe someone else with a dock will reply...