Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
me use HP PROBOOK INSTALL COLOVER EDITION 6.4.6
error install failed
Don't choose "Troubleshooting" in PBI-CE. It is broken.

It is well documented in this thread.

Motherboard
Hp ProBook 4530s XU015UT / Clover
CPU
Intel i3 2310M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 / 1366x768
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
With PBI-CE, graphics injection is done in DSDT, not config.plist.
what might be the problem in this case? what am i doing wrong?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 560, Dell U3417W (3440x1440)
The crash is in bluetooth. What bluetooth hardware do you have? See post #1 for supported WiFi/BT hardware.
8570p comes with wide variety of Bluetooth and WLAN options. This model has Intel WLAN and Broadcom Bluetooth, I have replaced WLAN with Atheros 9280. Bluetooth chip is broadcom 20702A3.

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8570w/Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7-3630QM/QM77
Graphics
Nvidia K1000M 1920x1080
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Question to Rehabman:

Earlier in this thread you replied to me and said that you don't use PBI.

How do you usually install Mac OS X to an HP Probook?
With you knowledge it is probably a piece of cake to do it manually, but are you using any tools?

Did you ever make a write-up or guide on how you do it?

I like to know and learn. A tool like PBI CE is great tool but the outcome is not always satisfactory.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
what might be the problem in this case? what am i doing wrong?
You may not have patched ACPI correctly... Double check your steps...

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Question to Rehabman:

Earlier in this thread you replied to me and said that you don't use PBI.

How do you usually install Mac OS X to an HP Probook?
With you knowledge it is probably a piece of cake to do it manually, but are you using any tools?

Did you ever make a write-up or guide on how you do it?

I like to know and learn. A tool like PBI CE is great tool but the outcome is not always satisfactory.
The install process is covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/148093-guide-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

And I use a Clover hotpatch/SSDT add-on technique instead of static ACPI patching: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

No writeup yet, as it requires some knowledge to setup (eg. ability to use git/make, understanding of how to install Clover manually), and I haven't had the time to explain it all.

Kexts are installed with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.

If you're familiar with some of my other guides (BRIX, HP Envy, Lenovo y50, Lenovo u430), it isn't hard to figure out.

Unless you're an expert and know what to remove from your existing install, requires a fresh install/start from scratch approach.

The repo supports only models with Intel integrated graphics. No plans to add support for Radeon/NVidia dedicated units as I have no hardware to test the software with. That's for someone else to provide.

Following this guide (thanks nguyenmac and RehabMan), I have done my first Hackintosh! Using an HP 4530s (one of the laptops suggested in this guide). Thanks so much everyone for the tips and tricks to get my laptop to work!

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8570w/Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7-3630QM/QM77
Graphics
Nvidia K1000M 1920x1080
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
The install process is covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/148093-guide-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

And I use a Clover hotpatch/SSDT add-on technique instead of static ACPI patching: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

No writeup yet, as it requires some knowledge to setup (eg. ability to use git/make, understanding of how to install Clover manually), and I haven't had the time to explain it all.

Kexts are installed with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.

If you're familiar with some of my other guides (BRIX, HP Envy, Lenovo y50, Lenovo u430), it isn't hard to figure out.

Unless you're an expert and know what to remove from your existing install, requires a fresh install/start from scratch approach.

The repo supports only models with Intel integrated graphics. No plans to add support for Radeon/NVidia dedicated units as I have no hardware to test the software with. That's for someone else to provide.
Thanks for this info. Even though I have a bit other hardware, Nvidia only on my laptop, it doesn't hurt to read and learn a little from the links you provide. There is a lot of info in there and I get at least a feeling what is going on.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 560, Dell U3417W (3440x1440)

Originally Posted by RehabMan
The crash is in bluetooth. What bluetooth hardware do you have? See post #1 for supported WiFi/BT hardware.

8570p comes with wide variety of Bluetooth and WLAN options. This model has Intel WLAN and Broadcom Bluetooth, I have replaced WLAN with Atheros 9280. Bluetooth chip is broadcom 20702A3.
Hi, checked in Windows with AIDA64 just to be sure.

It is Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (BCM20702A0), USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E1&REV_0112.

Any idea why this happens? Disabling it in BIOS doesn't work, apparently removing bluetooth kexts from installer works, but it would be better to not do such an ugly hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi RehabMan i tried to update my Probook earlier to 10.11.3 and i kept having this message. OS X El Capitan Update could not be verified. Would you have any ideas?.

Attachments