Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install 10.11 on Asus X555L Laptop with Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that did it. One more question -- can anything be done about my touchpad? I'm still experiencing the problem where every time I click something once, it automatically double-clicks.

Which trackpad is in the laptop?
Which PS2 drivers are you using?

Which trackpad is in the laptop?
Which PS2 drivers are you using?

I think I'm using the attached driver. I'm not sure how to determine what trackpad I'm using, but it might not be the default one that came with the X555L since it's a refurb.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    101.6 KB · Views: 188
I think I'm using the attached driver. I'm not sure how to determine what trackpad I'm using, but it might not be the default one that came with the X555L since it's a refurb.

Your trackpad is likely ELAN (most ASUS laptops use ELAN).
So you should probably use a PS2 driver for ELAN, instead of mine which is mainly for Synaptics.

Hi Rehabman,

It's me again, thank you for helping me and the other members in completing our hackintosh masterpieces. I am now currently fixing the dsdts etc and applying patches for my macOS Sierra.

I just want to ask if it is still good to use the same files from this guide to patch macOS Sierra? I am currently looking for the most recent .kext and files to patch my Asus X555L. I am also reading your guide for MacOS Sierra (but not yet done). Once I got to get this fixed, I'll make a guide for this unit.

Thanks,
Marco

Hi Rehabman,

It's me again, thank you for helping me and the other members in completing our hackintosh masterpieces. I am now currently fixing the dsdts etc and applying patches for my macOS Sierra.

I just want to ask if it is still good to use the same files from this guide to patch macOS Sierra? I am currently looking for the most recent .kext and files to patch my Asus X555L. I am also reading your guide for MacOS Sierra (but not yet done). Once I got to get this fixed, I'll make a guide for this unit.

Thanks,
Marco

The guide in post #1 here seems to be for the same laptop, no?

The guide in post #1 here seems to be for the same laptop, no?

Pretty much the same, except for the last letter X555LD. I'm not 100% sure if the old files I have will still work in Sierra, so far so good on the newest files

Your profile reads 'ASUS X555L'.

The OP and I have the same internal hardware though, I'll just use the updated files and do the same as before I did in el capitan. Thanks

The OP and I have the same internal hardware though, I'll just use the updated files and do the same as before I did in el capitan. Thanks

I'm just saying your profile says you have the *exact* laptop as the OP.
I don't know if your profile is inaccurate or not... that is for you to decide/fix.

I'm just saying your profile says you have the *exact* laptop as the OP.
I don't know if your profile is inaccurate or not... that is for you to decide/fix.

I have the same laptop as his if that is your question. I just want to know if the old files used in this guide will work in OS X Sierra. Unless there are new ways to patch for the newer OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back