Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install 10.11 on Asus X555L Laptop with Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Rehabman,

As always, thank you for all the guides you share to us. I managed to install OS X Sierra 10.12.3 to my ASUS X555L using this guide with lots of updating the files and lots of digging to other threads you posted. The only issue I got is my trackpad moves randomly and clicks everywhere. The laptop keyboard and my wireless USB works.

I have noticed that the issue occurred after I patched my AppleHDA.kext for my audio. I am using your VoodooPS2Controller.kext (v1.8.25) and the trackpad worked before I patched the AppleHDA.

I used Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher 1.7 to patch my AppleHDA.kext.

Hope to hear your expert advise.

Kind regards,
Marco

*Update: I rebooted and logged in to my windows 10 to check my trackpad properties and when I booted my OS X Sierra, the trackpad now works. I am not sure what happened or what fixed it. Hopefully the issue won't occur again.

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,

As always, thank you for all the guides you share to us. I managed to install OS X Sierra 10.12.3 to my ASUS X555L using this guide with lots of updating the files and lots of digging to other threads you posted. The only issue I got is my trackpad moves randomly and clicks everywhere. The laptop keyboard and my wireless USB works.

I have noticed that the issue occurred after I patched my AppleHDA.kext for my audio. I am using your VoodooPS2Controller.kext (v1.8.25) and the trackpad worked before I patched the AppleHDA.

I used Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher 1.7 to patch my AppleHDA.kext.

Hope to hear your expert advise.

Kind regards,
Marco

*Update: I rebooted and logged in to my windows 10 to check my trackpad properties and when I booted my OS X Sierra, the trackpad now works. I am not sure what happened or what fixed it. Hopefully the issue won't occur again.

Your laptop likely has an ELAN trackpad.
Look for ELAN PS2 kexts.

Your laptop likely has an ELAN trackpad.
Look for ELAN PS2 kexts.

For some reason it works fine now. I checked the trackpad properties and there is no ELAN in it, must be when I patched my backup DSDT with the correct patches. Thanks rehabman, all your work is appreciated

Hello guys, i'm trying to install Sierra in my notebook Asus X555l and when the instalation starts i get this error.
Already search around but nothing work so far.

Any ideias?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-07-20 at 14.23.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-20 at 14.23.31.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 190
Hello guys, i'm trying to install Sierra in my notebook Asus X555l and when the instalation starts i get this error.
Already search around but nothing work so far.

Any ideias?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back