Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Injection of AMD Vega Power and Fan Control Properties

Hey Guys so i did this accordingly. I don't know if this is the correct thread for this. Hackintosh newbie here. But I have an RX vega 64. The card itself seems to be always flashing to P7 constantly even when i am just doing simple web browsing. It's always on full load. My iStat memory also is almost always full. I've attached my config + IOREG + and iStat. Please help thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.47.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.47.28 PM.png
    598.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.53.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.53.37 PM.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 109
  • config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 117
Hey Guys so i did this accordingly. I don't know if this is the correct thread for this. Hackintosh newbie here. But I have an RX vega 64. The card itself seems to be always flashing to P7 constantly even when i am just doing simple web browsing. It's always on full load. My iStat memory also is almost always full. I've attached my config + IOREG + and iStat. Please help thanks.

I had a similar issue like this. A few seconds after I would boot, my vega lights will all go to the top and speed up fans as if I was under full load. After I updated my clover (to 4895) the problem went away. Possibly not related to new clover but I definitely did something that fixed it. I also modified the drivers on clover maybe that's what fixed it. However, I am attaching my clover folder for your reference. Be careful not to use my EFI on your system given that I have a different MoBo and SSDT tables than you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 90
Update: So uh, turns out it was down to faulty DVI cables. How they're able to make a GPU crash is anyone's guess, but after swapping them it's magically fine...

very strange, I'm using 2x4k monitors with DP connections, no matter what I've tried, haven't been able to solve this problem crashing under NO load, often when starting to play video, be it FCPX or VLC or a Slack call etc, so frustrating, RX580 was rock solid!

very strange, I'm using 2x4k monitors with DP connections, no matter what I've tried, haven't been able to solve this problem crashing under NO load, often when starting to play video, be it FCPX or VLC or a Slack call etc, so frustrating, RX580 was rock solid!
You're not wrong there. My RX 570 was brilliant. Have you used VGTab?

I have same issue for RX 580. This my graphic. It woking but fans not spinning

And i'm attach the config.plist file. Anyone please helper resolved it. I'm using the VGTab but i don't known exactly the model of this card. Im using the HIS READON RX 580

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 115
You're not wrong there. My RX 570 was brilliant. Have you used VGTab?
oh yea - currently playing with raised Core mV for state 0

UPDATE: still crashes

Last edited:
Back