[GUIDE] Injection of AMD Vega Power and Fan Control Properties

Motherboard
MSI Z290 Pro4S
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56
@jaymonkey
Removing the 3rd monitor has solved the problem! Can't attach it with a DP->DVI Adapter because my card only has 2 DP-Ports which are driving the other displays so i think i'll leave the monitor plugged out for the moment.
Thx for your support!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I didn't benchmark each macOS update, but here are my results:

Geekbench:
- macOS 10.4.3: 210857
- macOS 10.4.5 (with or w/o Power Table is about the same): 156916

LuxMark:
- macOS 10.4.5 with Power Table: 34311
- macOS 10.4.5 w/o Power Table: 30042

I hope that lower performances are only with Geekbench..

Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
This question might have been posted earlier in this thread but it's like looking for a needle in... an ocean. Of needles.

Just finished my Asrock Phantom Gaming z390 mini ITX with a Power Color Vega 56 as my GPU. Put it in a Fractal Design Nano S case with a beQuiet CPU cooler. Installed 10.14.5 and everything runs smooth but still got a question regarding possible fan control issues.

According to HWMonitorSMC2 the temperatures for both the processor (i9 9900K) and graphics card are very stable in idle state and doesn't run very high under heavy load either.

However, I'm a little concerned regarding the values under the tab "Fans or Pumps", It gives a value of 6000 on all four motherboard fans. In my build, there's only the beQuiet CPU cooler and two fans in the case.

Also, each fan representation (0 through 4) is split into three rows. Could it be that the first row represents the actual fan speed, the second one the lowest value and the third one a max value? Thought I had everything on lock but I'm pretty clueless right now.

See attached image for reference. Temperatures during a 10 minute Media Encoder render.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Could it be that the first row represents the actual fan speed, the second one the lowest value and the third one a max value?

@organ,

Yes .... you answered your own question correctly ;)

Cheers
Jay