Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] iMac19,1 / iMacPro1,1 i3-9100 RX-580 and DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
First as you only have one USB Port set as internal, and that serves your Fenvi Bluetooth module, I would say the Thunderbolt header connection is not set correctly.

A 9-pin header will be connected to another motherboard header separate from your BT header connection. So, there should be one or two additional USB ports shown as Internal in your Hackintool > USB window, serving the Thunderbolt device.

I would suggest the following:
  1. Disabling/removing the current USBPorts.kext.
  2. Undertaking the USB Port discovery phase again using Hackintool.
  3. Generate a new USBPorts.kext, which includes the Thunderbolt ports set as Internal.
  4. Test the new USBPorts.kext to make sure the ports are set correctly and include all the ports you need on your system. I am surprised that you only have 9 ports active, when you can have 15 and remain within the limit imposed by Apple for each USB Controller.
You may need to use the Clear All icon in Hackintool, looks like a sweeping brush. Plus the Refresh icon that looks like 2 x circular arrows to remove the current ports shown in the Hackintool USB window. Use the guide linked below when undertaking the USB configuration.

In order to tell which Slot the Thunderbolt card is connected through, you may need to disable the Thunderbolt SSDT, reboot the system and then inspect IORegistryExplorer to confirm the Slot-#. As the SSDT may force the system to say it is attached to Slot-4, when it isn't.

You should use this guide to download and create a copy of your system IOReg, if you are not sure what to look for in the IOReg.

Don't worry that the version of IORegistryExplorer is old, it works better than a lot of the newer versions.

First as you only have one USB Port set as internal, and that serves your Fenvi Bluetooth module, I would say the Thunderbolt header connection is not set correctly.

A 9-pin header will be connected to another motherboard header separate from your BT header connection. So, there should be one or two additional USB ports shown as Internal in your Hackintool > USB window, serving the Thunderbolt device.

I would suggest the following:
  1. Disabling/removing the current USBPorts.kext.
  2. Undertaking the USB Port discovery phase again using Hackintool.
  3. Generate a new USBPorts.kext, which includes the Thunderbolt ports set as Internal.
  4. Test the new USBPorts.kext to make sure the ports are set correctly and include all the ports you need on your system. I am surprised that you only have 9 ports active, when you can have 15 and remain within the limit imposed by Apple for each USB Controller.
You may need to use the Clear All icon in Hackintool, looks like a sweeping brush. Plus the Refresh icon that looks like 2 x circular arrows to remove the current ports shown in the Hackintool USB window. Use the guide linked below when undertaking the USB configuration.

In order to tell which Slot the Thunderbolt card is connected through, you may need to disable the Thunderbolt SSDT, reboot the system and then inspect IORegistryExplorer to confirm the Slot-#. As the SSDT may force the system to say it is attached to Slot-4, when it isn't.

You should use this guide to download and create a copy of your system IOReg, if you are not sure what to look for in the IOReg.

Don't worry that the version of IORegistryExplorer is old, it works better than a lot of the newer versions.
I will try that tonight..
I just firmware updated it .. ohmygod. it was back at version 23.00 now version 50.00.
Will follow up with the stuff above..

Attachments

• 329574780_5679863125415091_6661470055763329487_n.jpg
    329574780_5679863125415091_6661470055763329487_n.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
First of all THANK you @Edhawk, @CaseySJ & @miliuco .;)

It WORKS!
I realized I had the org. USBPorts.kext from OpenCore 0.8.8 . I copied this modded version from blouse's build
Now it all works! see attached.
Laugh of the day needs to be told. :lolno:
I started with removing USBPorts so had a little trouble starting up again.. hahahah!

Even worse!!! I had to F'''ing.. accept a small thing in Privacy & Security tab. OMG... how stupid is that!.. I even had used sudo spctl --master-disable and voila the UAD card is connected and I can play loud music!

I must admit even this took a couple of days extra effort and enabling VDA Decoder and TB3 .. OpenCore rocks.. :clap:

Respect to you guys doing this ! :cool:

Skærmbillede 2023-02-05 kl. 21.04.41.png
image7.png

@LekerHack
Glad to read you. Now it's time to enjoy the hard work.
On Ventura, sudo spctl --master-disable becomes sudo spctl --global-disable but for now both are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back