Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] i7 3770K | Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe | GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see no reason why it won't work with you, does your installation finishes or it fails before finishing?

Neither do I currently.

The installation completes restarts, and this is the new part. Unibeast won't register the drive i'm installing it on when it restarts.

However it is recognised in BIOS and disk utility when I am installing.

There is a new BIOS version (1401) - anybody already flashed?

Thanks for this. I was able to get Mountain Lion up and running after a few stumbles. My contribution to those having trouble would be to always run repair permissions before you reboot, and manually delete the from library/caches. I'm not sure which of this got me through it, but one of them did it and both are fairly simple to do.

I have a concern/problem that might not be specific to this platform: I'm finding that despite scoring adequately on geekbench, Mountain Lion stutters a lot on video play and garage band. With Garage band I'm using a line6 hd300 guitar rig via USB. My much wimpier dual core iMac from 1872 or something handles it just fine with multiple tracks going. The stuttering is so bad on the hackintosh it's really not usable.

Any thoughts on this?

I have the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, trying to install ML, but I get the "Still waiting for Root Device" error. I only have one drive in SATA, one stick of RAM and no graphics card installed yet. I've tried all combinations of -x, -v, -f, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 in the boot commands. I cannot even get to the installation screen. I have the USB disk plugged directly into the motherboard. Any ideas?

try installing mountain lion without the video card.. it is also recommended that you created your installer with Unibeast as my method was based on this..

I have the same mobo and Processor as you but im new to hackintoshing. I was wondering about the BIOS patching firstly can you detail exactly how to do it the way you did and then also is it reversible can I put the motherboard back to how it is now?

I have the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, trying to install ML, but I get the "Still waiting for Root Device" error. I only have one drive in SATA, one stick of RAM and no graphics card installed yet. I've tried all combinations of -x, -v, -f, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 in the boot commands. I cannot even get to the installation screen. I have the USB disk plugged directly into the motherboard. Any ideas?

I think you get this if you don't put the usb disk in the right USB2 port.. if you use the blue ports it won't work.

I dont know if the bios is really different from my Asus P8z77m Pro but try this BIOS settings before installing ML:

1. 'CPU Configuration/Intel Virtualisation Technology' to 'Enabled' (it is necessary for Parallels Desktop full functionality, 'hardware virtualisation' feature)
2. 'PCH Configuration/High Precision Timer (HPET)' to 'Enabled'
3. 'SATA Configuration/SATA Mode Selection' to 'AHCI'
4. 'System Agent Configurations/Graphics Configurations/Primary Display' to 'iGPU'
5. 'System Agent Configurations/Graphics Configurations/iGPU Memory' to '32' or '64' (don't worry, it won't limit your graphics memory)
6. 'USB Configuration/Intel USB2.0 EHCI Controller' to 'Enabled'
7. 'USB Configuration/Intel xHCI Mode' to 'Auto'
8. 'USB Configuration/EHCI Hand-off' to 'enabled'
9. Save and restart (press F10)

cheers

Hi, thanks for the guide.
Do you think these bios settings work fine with a P8Z77-V as well?
I am experencing a lot of issues and I don't know anymore where to look for fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back