Register

[GUIDE] HUAWEI MATEBOOK D 2018 I5-8250 UH620

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hello everyone! I would like to contribute by writing and sharing this guide for installing MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) and MacOS Mojave (10.14.3) on the Huawei Matebook d 2018. I personally use the i5 8250 / 8gb model with UHD620. This guide assumes that you have a general (very basic) understanding of Hackintosh

What works:
• Intel UHD 620 graphics
• Keyboard including backlight.
• Trackpad
• Brightness. it cannot be adjusted with the default keys (I'm still working on it). I have temporarily mapped the F1 and F2 keys.
• Webcams
• Sleep-wake. (Does not work if you install Mac OS X on an external drive, if you put it on stop with screen lock to activate it open and close 2 times)
• Audio from internal speakers headphones audio jack and usb-c.
• Battery status.
• USB-C ports
• HDMI output for the moment only video

Does not work:
• Intel / Bluetooth 4.1 wireless
o Solution 1: use the USB WiFi dongle
o Solution 2: replace NGFF card with a compatible one (I have adopted this solution by taking an ATHEROS ar9565 with € 9 otherwise for those who want to spend a little more can buy a Broadcom).
• Fingerprint sensor

INSTALLATION GUIDE
BIOS setup As a first step, you need to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS settings. To do this, access the BIOS (F2) disable secure boot and restart. Press F12 at startup to select the USB device to boot from. 2. Install MacOSDownload the last CLOVER folder.

Download MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or Mojave 10.14.3. Once you have this version of MacOS, create a bootable USB installer for MacOS High Sierra, install CLOVER and replace the contents of the CLOVER folder now created within the EFI partition with those contained in the page.
Install MacOS on an HSF + J partition. (PS: Do not use APFS at the moment is not stable yet because it uses a hardware error correction system based on the firmware of mac hard drives, at first it will seem all working but after a while with the accumulation of errors on the filesystem the system will become unstable !!!)

Warning: The trackpad may not work during installation. eventually use a wired mouse during installation.

FOR INSTALLATION USING "Config install.plist" in my folder of CLOVER

HIGH SIERRA:
1- Installation on external hard-disk: use terminal command “/ Applications /" Install macOS High Sierra.app "/ Contents / Resources / startosinstall --converttoapfs NO –agreetolicense" without the quotes
2- Installation with USB-MAC OS: use terminal command
"/ Volumes /" Image Volume / Install macOS High Sierra.app "/ Contents / Resources / startosinstall --volume the_target_volume --converttoapfs NO –agreetolicense"

MOJAVE:
Here the thing becomes more complex ...
Install mojave in APFS on a USB flash drive / external hard drive with at least 32GB.

At the first start check that everything is working properly with relevant accesses to apple store siri etc.

Use conversion tool paragon apfs converter https://www.paragon-software.com/home/apfs-hfs-converter/ (creating a usb boot with paragon converter. After created install clover on the stick and replace the Clover folder). Started the pc with usb paragon perform the conversion (it takes a long time the pc will seem to be locked and the progress bar will not work ... just move the mouse and empty click every 10/15 minutes until it finishes).

Once the conversion is finished open disk utility and create a mojave system image.

Finally restore system image to internal hard disk.

After the first boot Once you have accessed the MacOS desktop, install CLOVER by selecting the disk where you installed mac-os after which you select installation only UEFI and install clover in ESP. replace the contents of the CLOVER folder inside your new EFI partition with those of the CLOVER folder you downloaded.

"SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH" .

Attachments

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
I forgot ...
the battery lasts 8 to 10 hours

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Nice!

'Brightness. it cannot be adjusted with the default keys'

But is it working like a real Macbook?

And can this laptop work with a external monitor via displayport?
With Mojave HFS Dislayport works without audio at the moment. For the rest everything works except AppStore, Siri FaceTime and the MESSAGE (BECAUSE THE PARTITION is HFS). If you install high Sierra 10.13.6 It should work without problems like a real Mac. I'll let you know accurately in a few days because I'm still testing high Sierra

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
With high Sierra using config install.plist in my clover

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
With Mojave HFS Dislayport works without audio at the moment. For the rest everything works except AppStore, Siri FaceTime and the MESSAGE (BECAUSE THE PARTITION is HFS). If you install high Sierra 10.13.6 It should work without problems like a real Mac. I'll let you know accurately in a few days because I'm still testing high Sierra
I just finished the first tests with high sierra 10.13.6 - everything works even hdmi for the moment without audio but I trust I can solve in the next few days. with high sierra it also runs apple store siri imessage and facetime ... it looks like a real macbook pro !!!!

for installation use config install.plist and install with string from terminal ".... / startosinstall --volume / volume /" write where to install "--converttoapfs NO

always run the first boot with config install.plist

after making the first start install all the kext that are in the clover folder in / L / E (with KextBeast) and use as config start pls hs.plist that I attach here

Attachments

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D14
CPU
I5 8250
Graphics
6200HD
Hallo everyone,
first of all sorry for my bad english.
I have also installed macos majove on my huawei matebook D14 but the audio dont work. Have someone solved this Problem? Thanks.
Cey

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hallo everyone,
first of all sorry for my bad english.
I have also installed macos majove on my huawei matebook D14 but the audio dont work. Have someone solved this Problem? Thanks.
Cey
Download Voodoohda.Kext at this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/VoodooHDA.kext-292.zip/downloadand put this in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER and erase old if present and applehda.kext, codecommander.kext. Don't put voodoohda in S/L/E OR L/E because now another not work.

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2018
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
if have problem with access to apple store paste in the terminal this command in sequence:

"sudo find /private/var/folders/ \ -name com.apple.appstore -exec rm {} "

"sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.commerce.plist ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.softwareupdate.plist /private/var/db/crls/crlcache* /private/var/db/crls/ocspcache*"

and reboot