Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI
I managed to install Big Sur before and now Monterey but no internal mic which I still trying to fix. Also no iMessage or FaceTime which both I don't really care much if they didn't work.
I will share my config.plist with you, currently I am out of town when I get back home I will upload it here.
iMessage works for me now on Monterey, didn't use to work in catalina/Big Sur no idea what happened. Maybe your appleid is blacklisted and calling apple would help? I have bought many apps from App Store & also my appleid is tied to an iPhone so that might have had an effect.

Thanks you ! I really appreciate !
HI
Sorry for taking so long, I just came back home. Attached the my complete efi folder without platform info you can add your working info. I boot BigSur and Monterey on the same drive that why I have 2 airportitl win.kext. You should be able to boot either. The only thing doesn't work for now is the microphone, everything else work (WiFi, Bluetooth, Graphics, HDMI, Trackpad). Hope this will help you getting started.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    31.9 MB · Views: 159
iMessage works for me now on Monterey, didn't use to work in catalina/Big Sur no idea what happened. Maybe your appleid is blacklisted and calling apple would help? I have bought many apps from App Store & also my appleid is tied to an iPhone so that might have had an effect.
I don't use any Apple products other than a hackintosh. I will try to activate my old iPhone 6 just to keep my ID active for now, if it didn't work I will have to call Apple.
Thanks for the info

HI
Sorry for taking so long, I just came back home. Attached the my complete efi folder without platform info you can add your working info. I boot BigSur and Monterey on the same drive that why I have 2 airportitl win.kext. You should be able to boot either. The only thing doesn't work for now is the microphone, everything else work (WiFi, Bluetooth, Graphics, HDMI, Trackpad). Hope this will help you getting started.
Thank you for your help! Your EFI is better than mine! I finally found the problem with my slowness ... It's because I had installed on a USB key. I have now installed Catalina on internal SSD (Toshiba 500 GB) and it's work perfectly !! Amazing speed! I updated to Montery directly through settings without any issues. I have shrink 100 GB of my C: drive for the installation of MacOS. So I have dual boot with Windows. My keyboard didn't work with my EFI, but with your, yes :)!

The only problem I have is that I boot directly from the EFI on an external USB stick. I haven't transferred to my internal drive yet, because I have a problem ... On the OpenCore menu, when I choose MacOS, no problem, it boot. However, when I choose Windows, the logo appears with the spinning wheel for 2-3 seconds and it restarts on the OpenCore menu. When I start my computer without the USB drive with the EFI partition, Windows starts correctly.

I don't use any Apple products other than a hackintosh. I will try to activate my old iPhone 6 just to keep my ID active for now, if it didn't work I will have to call Apple.
Thanks for the info
I have many Apple products with an iPhone and iMessage work with your EFI you shared on my hackintosh.

The only problem I have is that I boot directly from the EFI on an external USB stick. I haven't transferred to my internal drive yet, because I have a problem ... On the OpenCore menu, when I choose MacOS, no problem, it boot. However, when I choose Windows, the logo appears with the spinning wheel for 2-3 seconds and it restarts on the OpenCore menu. When I start my computer without the USB drive with the EFI partition, Windows starts correctly.
Glad things work for you, what version of Windows you are using, i have the same problem with Windows 11 i had to install a version with TPM and secure boot disabled. Now everything work great booting from SSD EFI

Glad things work for you, what version of Windows you are using, i have the same problem with Windows 11 i had to install a version with TPM and secure boot disabled. Now everything work great booting from SSD EFI
Hi, so you have managed to dual boot windows 11 and mac os Monterrey, both from EFI SSD?

Windows 10.

I think I know where the problem is coming from. I didn't want to wipe everything on my ssd with windows and my data. So I have shrink my C: drive. When I wanted to install MacOS on the new empty partition of the shrink operation, in Disk Utility I could only create an APFS partition and not an APFS partition with GUID table ... I did not have the option compared to when I 've installed directly on my usb key that I had previously erased and partitioned from zero. I didn't ask myself any questions at first and the installation went smoothly. However when I tried to mount the EFI partition of my mac with MountEFi, it is the EFI partition of Windows that mount! Mac's EFI partition didn't install with disk utility because I didn't have the APFS with GUID table option ...

I found a workaround. I transferred the EFI folder from my mac (which is on the installation usb stick) into the EFI partition of Windows. When I want to start Windows I only start my computer and it is Windows that boots. When I want to start Mac, I click ESC a lot of times while starting up my computer and go to boot option (F9). I then select boot from efi file. Then I navigate to the file BOOTx64.efi in the BOOT folder and when I click enter, OpenCore appears and I can boot on Mac without problem :)

Last edited:
Hey! Did you solve your problem?

Waaait, so you are booting opencore 0.7.4 from the internal SSD not from a usb key? That's amazing because that has never worked for me. If you confirm it I will try as well :)

Last edited:
Hi, so you have managed to dual boot windows 11 and mac os Monterrey, both from EFI SSD?
Sorry for the late reply, I did but using clover not OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back