Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sur doesn't boot for me yet. Yes you can dual boot easily, just create a partition for windows, install windows on that partition then use easyuefi to add a boot entry for clover preloader and move it to the top. :)
No idea why it's not 4k and I get glitches via type c as well. I'm likely abandoning my spectre tho so am not super motivated to fix these problems :( When I boot with my 4k display connected my internal screen is scaled 4k on 1080p screen and the external display is super glitchy.

viney88, did you get your build to work? I also have a new Spectre with the OLED screen that I would love to get OSX running on.

viney88, did you get your build to work? I also have a new Spectre with the OLED screen that I would love to get OSX running on.
I have an hp spectre 2020 with wifi,touchpad, battery working but still in issue to have the internal oled 4k screen working with graphic acceleration(it can work with graphics acceleration on an external monitor, or without acceleration with the internal screen) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/laptop-internal-4k-display-not-working.305433/page-2 )=

Hi @hugheba sadly not and I don’t know any topic about the hp spectre 2020 except the one above.

For my EFI I link it here. All work except webcam, sound and the worst internal screen.
You can either connect an external screen (with graphics acceleration) or add -igfxvesa in boot flag(NVRAM -> add ->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args) to use internal screen.

Attachments

• EFI all but no internal and sound.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 169
Hi @hugheba sadly not and I don’t know any topic about the hp spectre 2020 except the one above.

For my EFI I link it here. All work except webcam, sound and the worst internal screen.
You can either connect an external screen (with graphics acceleration) or add -igfxvesa in boot flag(NVRAM -> add ->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args) to use internal screen.
you will need to add in your audio just above (or below) your graphics settings

assumed you have tried all layout ids as per:

Thank you for this guide ! But sadly none of the current supported layout ids is working on my ALC285. I suppose that i need another layout id(like the hp spectre 13-ap0xxx that have now id 71 in the last AppleAlc release).

Try my clover folder. Make sure to replace my dsdt.aml with yours! You need to boot from PreLoader.efi file.
Hi Stalkiee,

I have a similar laptop to yours and was wondering what exactly the PS2K patch in the DSDT was for.

Hi Stalkiee,

I have a similar laptop to yours and was wondering what exactly the PS2K patch in the DSDT was for.
Hi.
This patch exists to recognize the keyboard.
If your keyboard works without a patch on your laptop, you don't need this patch.

I switched to latest clover so I can boot from internal efi via the preloader efi method. They have started merging clover and opencore which is cool. From what I read clover is becoming more like a front end for opencore, runs basically the same core. I have catalina 10.15.7 up and running but voodooi2c isn't working and maybe some other things. Clover probably needs to implement kext load order.
Hello, sorry for digging up a comment so past. I have an Spectre late 2017, and I also suffer from UEFI bug(Internal SSD booting issue). I would like to go to Clover to use this Preloader.efi method, but I can't find the proper documentations(like Opencore) to learn how to do clover. Is there any page that teaches about the new Clover(ones with Opencore integration)? Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back